Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Curmudgeon
Surrey UK
Curmudgeon is male  Curmudgeon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-08-2014, 01:38 PM

Forgive me Lord for I have sinned

It was quite a hectic day out there on the roads, holiday traffic roadworks cycle events. However to get to the point , locally on a hill where they have done traffic calming I approached a single lane chicane where I had direction priority. Getting towards its end there was waiting traffic to the right. Then this well middle aged Lycra clad two wheeled cycling road rodent shoots down the outside and into the chicane forcing me to emergency stop. He could not get past so we sit there nose to nose. I wound down the window and delivered verbal abuse beyond all expectation. Sorry if any members of the local community had their ears open.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-08-2014, 01:43 PM

Re: Forgive me Lord for I have sinned

Oh dear Eric take a deep breath and count to ten, silly people really aren't worth the effort of raising ones blood pressure .
APRICOT
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
APRICOT is female  APRICOT has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-08-2014, 03:56 PM

Agree with you Meg.
BowieEyes
Nottinghamshire, UK
BowieEyes is female  BowieEyes has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-08-2014, 05:35 PM

Good one. If I had been driving I might have said
If you don't move your butt out of my right of way I will knock you over
with my ladylike hand.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-08-2014, 05:49 PM

Originally Posted by Curmudgeon ->
Getting towards its end there was waiting traffic to the right. Then this well middle aged Lycra clad two wheeled cycling road rodent shoots down the outside and into the chicane forcing me to emergency stop. He could not get past so we sit there nose to nose..
I hope when you make an error of judgement while driving that you don't get called a rodent.
Older git
Chatterbox
South Lincs
Older git is male  Older git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-08-2014, 06:32 PM

Cyclists need respect on the roads -but it seeems once there are more than say 4-5 in a group they turn into road hogs??
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-08-2014, 06:37 PM

We all mess up sometimes, but I've noticed that some, cyclists in particular, seem to think the rules that govern the rest of us don't apply to them ...
Curmudgeon
Surrey UK
Curmudgeon is male  Curmudgeon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-08-2014, 07:43 PM

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
I hope when you make an error of judgement while driving that you don't get called a rodent.
That was a very mild interpretation of what I did actually tell him he was.
Curmudgeon
Surrey UK

23-08-2014, 07:48 PM

It is a salutary thought that if I had not been so lightning fast on the brakes my time and effort in polishing the front grill and scuttle yesterday would have been wasted.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-08-2014, 06:04 AM

Originally Posted by Older git ->
Cyclists need respect on the roads -but it seeems once there are more than say 4-5 in a group they turn into road hogs??
I've noticed more than four or five motorists in a group that don't think rules like speed limits, keeping left or stop signs apply to them, it must be catching.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top