Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-08-2014, 03:16 AM

Happy Friday Folk.

Yet another fine old house in Quedlinburg.
My wristwatch battery packed in yesterday so when I went to bed last night I had the alarm clock (not set) on my side of the bed. I woke up this morning feeling wide awake, looked at the clock, read it as 10 past 5 and got up and got dressed. When I got down stairs and looked at our living room clock I realised that I had misread the time, it was 25 past 2 ! No point in getting undressed and back into bed so here I am playing on my computer at about 3am.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-08-2014, 06:14 AM

Re: Happy Friday Folk.

Good morning Alan and fellow members I am up early with a very sore throat and also want to be at Waitrose by 8am.
Then back to do some cooking for the freezer, leek soup and curry.

Now it is light I am going down the fields with Chloe.
Enjoy your day everyone
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-08-2014, 06:23 AM

Good morning everyone, a lovely sunrise here through the breaking clouds, one of these days I will find out how to post pictures with this Kindle...

Another lovely building Alan and good story about misreading the time, it happened to me once when I was working but didn't realise until I reached the building site...

We are clipping the dogs this morning and then I'm taking up the utility room floor tiles this afternoon, which we are replacing with some new slate effect ones.

Enjoy your day folks

Barry
Celyn
Hampshire
Celyn is female  Celyn has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-08-2014, 06:27 AM

Not up as early as you Alan, although pretty early. One of the dogs wanted to go out and I know why. My tumbling tomatoes have been eaten at an alarming rate, and they are in her. I have them in hanging baskets, but she can reach up and get them.
HTB
Lanc's
HTB is male  HTB has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-08-2014, 06:35 AM

Morning wrinklies..........not been good morning just lately, extremely busy (and stressed)........

Those bloody Germans knew how to build, thats for sure......

It was peeing it down all last night......where did summer get to...........

TGI Friday.........beers are in the fridge.........a bottle of Scotlands finest..........mmmmmm and let me think and maybe a little tipple of port.........

Eldest is staying the weekend, so thats me eaten out of house and home........

Hope you all have a fab bank holiday weekend.....

H
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-08-2014, 06:37 AM

Originally Posted by Celyn ->
Not up as early as you Alan, although pretty early. One of the dogs wanted to go out and I know why. My tumbling tomatoes have been eaten at an alarming rate, and they are in her. I have them in hanging baskets, but she can reach up and get them.
Oh dear Celyn just like Chloe with the strawberries and runner beans which get stuck in her beard .
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-08-2014, 06:39 AM

Good morning all - hope you are soon feeling better Meg
Linden Tree
Derbyshire, UK
Linden Tree is female  Linden Tree has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-08-2014, 07:32 AM

Good Morning All

Sun trying to peep out from behind the clouds this morning and I can see blue sky, so hopefully will be a nice day.

As I'm off work today decided to have a bit of retail therapy at Meadowhell this morning

Hope you all enjoy your day.
Moyra
South East Essex
Moyra is female  Moyra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-08-2014, 07:40 AM

Good Morning all, Sorry to hear your under the weather Meg, get well soon. I have had a cold for the past week, they must be going around.

Looking decidedly grey out there this morning. Oh well, I guess our summer has gone Have a good day all, God bless.
BowieEyes
Nottinghamshire, UK
BowieEyes is female  BowieEyes has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-08-2014, 07:48 AM

Good morning everyone. Nice photo Alan.
I also had a watch moment yesterday. My lovely cousin bought
me a watch for my 65th and the battery has lasted for a few years.
I had to go to the Doctors and be there by 10.30am. My house clock
luckily got me there on time. When I did look at the wrist watch
it was only 7.30am. So good job I don't rely on watches. Only
wear it now and again. Mind you I took it for a new battery and it
cost me £9.99 a bit extortionate or what?
Get better soon Meg and hope all the naughty fruit eating dogs don't
get tummy ache.
Take care all, having a quiet slow cleaning day.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top