Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Older git
Chatterbox
South Lincs
Older git is male  Older git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-08-2014, 02:32 PM

On being flirted with

Some years ago I used to brew a bit and make wine I won loads of prizes for my wine circle but never took my judges exam. So one night I am judge`s asistant to this lady about 10 years older than me.

Stephan you know about wine so you are not my assistant I welcome your opinion. We taste,we spit and chat about wine

Barolo comes to mind,ah yes a fine wine. I had a bottle I saved for ages waiting for a special moment-and when I did open it...........she looks straight in my eyes------I was a bit let down,a bit like my husband..........What can a lad do???

PS this was before I met Jenny
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-08-2014, 02:35 PM

Re: On being flirted with

Originally Posted by Older git ->
Some years ago I used to brew a bit and make wine I won loads of prizes for my wine circle but never took my judges exam. So one night I am judge`s asistant to this lady about 10 years older than me.

Stephan you know about wine so you are not my assistant I welcome your opinion. We taste,we spit and chat about wine

Barolo comes to mind,ah yes a fine wine. I had a bottle I saved for ages waiting for a special moment-and when I did open it...........she looks straight in my eyes------I was a bit let down,a bit like my husband..........What can a lad do???

PS this was before I met Jenny
Is there a part 2 to this story, Stephan?
Older git
Chatterbox
South Lincs
Older git is male  Older git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-08-2014, 02:41 PM

Yes I finished and went home. To have got `involved` would have only made things very messy. I was flattered though.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-08-2014, 03:20 PM

I think we all experience a little innocent flirting now and then As long as it stays just that it is fine.

I was widowed at the age of 35 and I think a lot of men see young widows as 'fair game' for a bit of flirting including the husbands of my neighbours. One of them came very near to overstepping the mark and was swiftly put in his place .
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-08-2014, 03:28 PM

The trouble is Meg, what's overstepping the mark to one lady might be a welcome dalliance to another lady. How are we men to know unless we test the water. I was quite flirty in my younger days but never took it further than that.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-08-2014, 03:33 PM

Originally Posted by Alan Cooke ->
The trouble is Meg, what's overstepping the mark to one lady might be a welcome dalliance to another lady. How are we men to know unless we test the water. I was quite flirty in my younger days but never took it further than that.
Alan I think most well mannered men would know what constituted 'overstepping the mark' yourself included.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-08-2014, 03:39 PM

I suppose there's no harm in a bit of flirting when you were younger, some women like you to and others don't. Sitting round a table in a pub and paying compliments to the women, who went through a lot of preparation to look nice is often appreciated I find nowadays, but flirting over 60 is bit silly, only in my opinion of course, but there are still some old dogs out there who refuse to lie down.
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-08-2014, 08:02 PM

Originally Posted by Jem ->
I suppose there's no harm in a bit of flirting when you were younger, some women like you to and others don't. Sitting round a table in a pub and paying compliments to the women, who went through a lot of preparation to look nice is often appreciated I find nowadays, but flirting over 60 is bit silly, only in my opinion of course, but there are still some old dogs out there who refuse to lie down.
I hope being older in age doesn't have a lot to do with it Jem - being over 60 should be no barrier to a little flirting IMO and by the time we reach a "certain age" we should know just how to give and receive a bit of flirting fun with style. I still enjoy a bit of flirtatiousness - both given and received - it's enjoyable - and I hope I will continue to participate until I pop my clogs. I think I have the sense at my age to know the boundaries and not to take things seriously and hurt anyone or to get overly involved - Old dogs don't usually have the teeth or energy to do much more than flirt anyway - do they???.
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon
Myra is female  Myra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-08-2014, 08:04 PM

I was told by a palm reader that I was hopeless at flirting!! Then my friend went in and she was told she was a flirt. He probably was true though because I'm not much good at it.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-08-2014, 08:23 PM

Originally Posted by Aerolor ->
- Old dogs don't usually have the teeth or energy to do much more than flirt anyway - do they???.
Long may you continue to enjoy your flirting Rena.
Oh I know a few toothless old dogs who never stop trying Rena, not a pleasant sight watching them trying to put on a mischievous young boys smile in the pub.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top