Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-08-2014, 11:15 PM

Parking meters? Not one in sight!

Two of my daughters , two grandkids and I decided to catch a train for a day out in Bradford - on - Avon. We arrived at Keynsham station I parked in the disabled bay as I am entitle We were a bit late so started to panic slightly when we saw that despite it being "Pay & display" we couldn't find a ticket machine!
We eventually read a notice saying you had to phone a number, one of my daughters did this on her mobile, she had to give my debit card details and the location code on the notice, then they sent a text which she had to reply to with our car reg. number. Well, the text wouldn't send!
So she used her sister's phone to send it!
I spent the whole day worrying that they wouldn't connect the two phone numbers as you couldn't add anything to the text. I hope I don't get a fine! While we were doing this a lady turned up with only cash so had to go to a car park further away, she didn't get on our train so probably missed it. Also what would happen if we hadn't had a mobile?
Bradford was lovely by the way! First trip I've had out this year, enjoyed it, but tiring.
Eliza
Chatterbox
England
Eliza is female  Eliza has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-08-2014, 11:28 PM

Re: Parking meters? Not one in sight!

I heard about this type of car park at Easter when my hubby and son went to York and they had to phone a number.I think if i had been with them i would have found a pay meter site and not been so trusting ..
I would think it would be quite easy to set a fraud number up .
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-08-2014, 11:31 PM

First I've heard of this type of car park..
Honey
Chatterbox
Lancashire
Honey is female  Honey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-08-2014, 12:16 AM

no way would I give out my debit card details!
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-08-2014, 07:36 AM

Texting to park your car!, bugger that malarkey.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-08-2014, 08:42 AM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
Texting to park your car!, bugger that malarkey.
I'm with you on that one, spittie.

Sposing you only had limited time, and wanted to get away quickly? And as said, sposing you don't have a mobile? Or you don't have a signal? (Quite common with my provider.)
shirley
Gloucestershire
shirley is female  shirley has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-08-2014, 10:12 AM

This has been happening in Cheltenham for quite a while now but you do still have the option of using a meter to pay for your parking as well.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-08-2014, 06:17 PM

I would have parked elsewhere but not good at walking & wanted to save my energy for our day out, so that wasn't an option, didn't want to waste the time I'd spent driving all the way there (where my eldest daughter lives), we don't have railways here anymore (except steam ones which don'y go anywhere). Can't drive as far as I'd like or I would not have even thought of rail trip so had no option really! Very annoying! However, here's Bradford:
TessA
Official Poinker
UK

19-08-2014, 06:22 PM

Just found an e-mail from the company, I had complained bitterly, they said they are sorry I had problems and have installed a new pay & display machine following complaints! Sorted!
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-08-2014, 09:29 PM

Lovely quaint photos of Bradford, Twiz

That was a quick response to your complaint about Pay and Display machines ...well done for getting a result!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top