Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
dinahsmum
SW England
dinahsmum is female  dinahsmum has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-12-2009, 10:59 AM

Boxing Day chat

Good morning all!
You're late on parade today
I had to get up at a reasonable hour to start the cooking for my belated xmas today, so now all is prepaped and/or cooking, I have time to catch up with the cricket on TV and the chat here.
Hope santa was kind to everyone and that you have another enjoyable day today
Losos
Fondly Remembered
West Suffolk
Losos is male  Losos has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-12-2009, 11:21 AM

Re: Boxing Day chat

'morning DM and all,

Big improvement in the weather today, snow all gone, and one of the furries was outside the perimeter fence this morning OH now walking the difficult bits to see if there's any holes, first time for more than two years that she's 'escaped' and I know why, at 5am she was narking at something in the forrest and she followed it around the fence and must have come across a place where it was just possible to squeeze through
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-12-2009, 11:29 AM

Good morning DM!

I didn't get up until 9.00 this morning We had a great time at our daughter's house yesterday, plenty of fun, food and games. Our grandchildren were full of excitement and were a joy to be with. I slept like a log last night after an exhausting but lovely day

Having a more relaxed day today, trying out our new Blu-ray (what a lovely surprise that was!), listening to new CD's .....and sampling the range of chocolates received

I hope you all had a lovely day yesterday, however it was spent.
Brandykins
Fondly Remembered
near Glasgow Scotland
Brandykins is female  Brandykins has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-12-2009, 12:46 PM

Morning DM hope you and yours had a lovely Xmas and Santa good to you

Happy Boxing Day to you and Everyone.

It is heavy snow hear, more fell last night and during the night and is still on, making the heavy snow on the ground that we had, even worse!! I so hate snow! Loki loves it though and we are going back up to the field with Grant but I have my wellies on today! The snow yesterday was right over my ankles and my socks and feet were so wet!!

Enjoy your day everyone, whatever you do
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-12-2009, 03:18 PM

Good day all , big sigh, now the 'Christmas thing' is all over I can concentrate on exciting things to come.

My Son and Daughter in Law have at last exchanged contracts on their new house (there was a lot of hassle with various members of the chain ) and are set to move on 6th January just weeks before the twins are due to arrive, so cutting things a bit fine really .

Still what better way to start the new year ...
Funky Farmer
Bedfordshire, UK
Funky Farmer is male  Funky Farmer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-12-2009, 04:46 PM

It is all rather mellow at chez Funky today. Youngest daughter and a few friends here for a cold buffet and a couple of bottles of port and brandy. All good vibes so far LOL
dinahsmum
SW England
dinahsmum is female  dinahsmum has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-12-2009, 04:50 PM

Fingers crossed for a smooth move Meg.
If it's any consolation we moved just a couple of weeks before my son was born ... it's quite a good mellow time to do all that stressy stuff; the hormones kick in and it all washes over one.

It's been quyte a decent day here, apart from one heavy rain storm. It's much much warmer
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-12-2009, 05:33 PM

Hi all, happy Boxing Day! I enjoyed the day and the meal, will be having cold chicken sandwich and chips here too! Still raining, but was not as heavy as predicted and it's quite a bit milder than recently, 9 (49 F);still too yucky to go to the library, but the remains of the big snowstorm are finally going away. .... not a minute too soon IMO.

Sounds as if all had a lovely day, hope today is relaxing as we wind down.
CeeCee
UK
CeeCee is female  CeeCee has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-12-2009, 05:55 PM

It has been a lovely sunny day here although the fields are still pretty hard underfoot. The dog likes the cold frosty weather best because I think the interesting smells seems to stay around longer...

Boxing day was very quiet for me, I spent the morning doing the ironing. Walked the dog this afternoon and now have some fish baking in the oven for my dinner this evening. What a fun filled life I lead.

There is nothing on the TV this evening. I am recording Hamlet as my son wants to watch it when he gets back from his girlfriend's in a couple of days' time. So it looks like a book for me.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-12-2009, 05:56 PM

Originally Posted by dinahsmum ->
Fingers crossed for a smooth move Meg.
If it's any consolation we moved just a couple of weeks before my son was born ... it's quite a good mellow time to do all that stressy stuff; the hormones kick in and it all washes over one.

It's been quyte a decent day here, apart from one heavy rain storm. It's much much warmer
Thank you DM I am the one panicking my DIL is huge already with two little ones in there fighting for space and the thought of moving house at this stage with all the packing, two cats and a dog fills me with horror . The couple are very 'laid back' so I guess it will all just happen .

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top