Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-08-2014, 04:35 PM

How many times a night...

Do you have to get up for a pee?
I ask out of genuine interest because my hubby is up two or three times every night- but myself, I don't have to get up at all.
I just wondered about other people.. Is it normal as we get older?
Honey
Chatterbox
Lancashire
Honey is female  Honey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-08-2014, 04:48 PM

Re: How many times a night...

I used to be up at least two or three times through the night but that was mainly due to my blood pressure meds as one was a water tablet, I discussed it with my GP and she said to stop taking it and check my blood pressure once a week for a month which I did, it was normal every time so now I'm relieved
Older git
Chatterbox
South Lincs
Older git is male  Older git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-08-2014, 04:51 PM

Once or twice is not unusual but more and it could,just could, be a sign of type 2 diabetes.
A blood test will see and if yes well hey it happens
Stella H
Lowestoft, Suffolk
Stella H is female  Stella H has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-08-2014, 04:54 PM

Just the once usually.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-08-2014, 06:00 PM

It depends really once or twice .
It was more at one time but has improved. I think this was down to sleep patterns, if I am awake or sleeping lightly I am more likely to want to go.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-08-2014, 08:56 PM

If I go before I get into bed I might still have to get up once or twice in the middle of the night, but I drink a fair amount of coffee and beer in the evenings. When the two boys stay over on weekends I hear them up and into the bathroom a couple of times during the night, nothing to worry about Carol, but if he's going too often during the daytime as well it would be wise to get himself checked out.
cranberry
Notts, UK
cranberry is female  cranberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-08-2014, 09:00 PM

I get up at least once, sometimes though just for a walk round as I can't sleep then have a tinkle before getting back into bed. I hate getting older!!
Anita
Midlands, UK
Anita is female  Anita has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-08-2014, 09:03 PM

In older men needing to pee quite a lot during the night can be a sign of an enlarged prostate. Its probably as well to get it checked out by his doctor.
caricature
Devon,England.
caricature is male  caricature has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-08-2014, 09:29 PM

Originally Posted by Anita ->
In older men needing to pee quite a lot during the night can be a sign of an enlarged prostate. Its probably as well to get it checked out by his doctor.
I agree best to get it checked by a doctor,could be something or nothing.
Robert Junior
Chatterbox
UK
Robert Junior is male  Robert Junior has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-08-2014, 09:37 PM

I was checked out a year ago & was diagnosed with Diabetes type 2 & an enlarged prostrate, both conditions are now controlled by diet & meds. I regularly am checked at the local surgery

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top