Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
AutumnColour
Chatterbox
Trent Hills, Ontario
AutumnColour is female  AutumnColour has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-08-2014, 05:11 PM

Tailgating

If you're being tailgated while driving, do you move to another lane so the car can go on it's way or do you purposely slow down?
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-08-2014, 05:36 PM

Re: Tailgating

Depends on my mood, I usually slow down, but the decision can be influenced by the size of the geezer in the car behind.
Curmudgeon
Surrey UK
Curmudgeon is male  Curmudgeon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-08-2014, 05:48 PM

Originally Posted by AutumnColour ->
If you're being tailgated while driving, do you move to another lane so the car can go on it's way or do you purposely slow down?
Don't doodle in the fast lane, if your in the cruising lane ignore him and if he wants to get past he will move out and overtake. If you are blocking him below the legal limit consider an alternative, there are some fruitcakes driving around with you out there.
Older git
Chatterbox
South Lincs
Older git is male  Older git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-08-2014, 05:51 PM

I have an internet friend well into her 60s who provided the answer. At traffic lights she got out of her car and asked the man behind if he wanted her name and where she lived.

Why?

Because you have spent so long up my arse already.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-08-2014, 05:54 PM

Originally Posted by Curmudgeon ->
Don't doodle in the fast lane, if your in the cruising lane ignore him and if he wants to get past he will move out and overtake. If you are blocking him below the legal limit consider an alternative, there are some fruitcakes driving around with you out there.
I usually drive at the legal limit, and always take the nearside lane on a dual carriageway, so if someone wants to pass me at 100 Mph, that's up to them, as such the only time I could get tailgated is on a single carriageway road whilst driving at the speed limit (or just above), at which point I will slow down by 10 Mph or so.
Victors Mate
Fondly Remembered
Planet Earth
Victors Mate is male  Victors Mate has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-08-2014, 06:06 PM

Flipping on and off your rear fog lights which the tailgater will assume are your brake lights usually moves the offender back out of your boot.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-08-2014, 06:08 PM

I am a woman with common sense and nothing to prove so I get out of the way. I have no wish to play silly games with idiots in cars and end up in hospital or a mortuary.
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-08-2014, 06:52 PM

On main roads I continue to drive in my usual manner but on country lanes I will pull into the side and let them pass.
Deb W
Hereford
Deb W is female  Deb W has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-08-2014, 06:53 PM

tailgating (and middle-lane hogging) is now illegal. Make anote of the reg number, and report it. If the police have several reports of the same number/driver they'll investigate.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-08-2014, 06:55 PM

Put a sign in your back window saying, "It's a good idea not to drive faster than the car in front"

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top