Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
AutumnColour
Chatterbox
Trent Hills, Ontario
AutumnColour is female  AutumnColour has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-08-2014, 10:33 PM

Have You Changed?

I don't mean physically, heaven knows we've talked about weight enough, I mean have you changed for the better or worse over the past 10 years, personality, confidence, etc ?
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-08-2014, 10:44 PM

Re: Have You Changed?

I have become more detached, I am confident of that, some days it is better, others it is worse, but that is to be expected.
Anita
Midlands, UK
Anita is female  Anita has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-08-2014, 10:48 PM

I think that you become much less concerned about what others think of you as you get older. When you are in your 20's and 30's you may want to conform and be part of the group but I think that with the years it's easier to be yourself and be happy in your own skin faults and all and to tell it like it is.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-08-2014, 10:53 PM

I have learnt a lot of the last 10 years, so I hope this has made me wiser.
I am also more aware of my limitations now, stand up for myself more than I used to, and I guess that has given me a bit more confidence than I used to have when I was younger. Having said that, there are still one or two situations and people that can still flummox (spelling?) me and make me feel 10 years old again - but not in a good way!
I think I mostly cope with problems and difficulties better than I would have once, but I guess that's is why we have these experiences - to learn from.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-08-2014, 10:54 PM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
I have become more detached, I am confident of that, some days it is better, others it is worse, but that is to be expected.

What have you detached from Spitty?
Are you still in one piece?
Honey
Chatterbox
Lancashire
Honey is female  Honey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-08-2014, 10:56 PM

I'm less tolerant but more confident
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-08-2014, 11:07 PM

I'm a lot more patient than I used to be. If someone upsets me I don't fly off the handle as I used to do. I just bide my time.
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon
Myra is female  Myra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-08-2014, 03:10 AM

Due to circumstances the past four years I've realised how adaptable and strong I really am. I'm actually quite proud of how I am now
Linden Tree
Derbyshire, UK
Linden Tree is female  Linden Tree has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-08-2014, 07:33 AM

We all change and grow throughout our lives due to circumstances and experiences, and I'm no exception.

I am less trusting of people than I used to be, but I am stronger and more confident now than I ever was. Things and the opinions of others that would once have bothered me, are no longer important.

Live well, laugh more. I intend to do both until my number is up!
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon
Myra is female  Myra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-08-2014, 09:59 AM

Life experience definitely changes you. Years ago I'd have sleepless nights worrying about things. I don't remember the last time I was like that as I now realise most things in life aren't worth losing sleep over. I don't worry about things anything like I used to.

I'm a bit naive, but not as much as I used to be. I think I'm just more trusting than naive.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top