Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon
Myra is female  Myra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-08-2014, 07:15 PM

Wax and wine

My goodness, times have changed.

Someone at work today was saying she gets her eyebrows waxed and tinted at the salon, along with a glass of wine!!

I've only ever been offered a cup of tea or coffee at mines

Can only think it encourages people to rebook. What next?
AudreyII
USA
AudreyII is female  AudreyII has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-08-2014, 07:18 PM

Re: Wax and wine

Originally Posted by alice76 ->
My goodness, times have changed.

Someone at work today was saying she gets her eyebrows waxed and tinted at the salon, along with a glass of wine!!

I've only ever been offered a cup of tea or coffee at mines

Can only think it encourages people to rebook. What next?
I've seen wine offered at the more high end salons. Of course they can afford it with the prices they charge.
cranberry
Notts, UK
cranberry is female  cranberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-08-2014, 07:19 PM

At the hairdressers I usually get asked if I'd like tea or coffee, alcohol? No way would I have that anyway but if people are driving - I don't agree with it really, gawd I'm beginning to sound like a right old whinger just lately!!!!!
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon
Myra is female  Myra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-08-2014, 07:23 PM

Audrey, you're correct. It's the high prices.

Cranberry, I drive and wouldn't take it, but it would be nice to have the offer
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-08-2014, 07:26 PM

When I went to the new haidressers the other day I was offered an...

''Extensive refreshment menu, including teas, coffees and alcoholic drinks''
I declined otherwise I would have wanted to go to the loo in the middle of proceedings ..
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-08-2014, 07:45 PM

Maybe the wine is to act as anaesthetic for the waxing?
AudreyII
USA
AudreyII is female  AudreyII has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-08-2014, 07:57 PM

Originally Posted by cranberry ->
At the hairdressers I usually get asked if I'd like tea or coffee, alcohol? No way would I have that anyway but if people are driving - I don't agree with it really, gawd I'm beginning to sound like a right old whinger just lately!!!!!
People go out to dine and have a glass of wine... and drive home. I think the key is ONE glass.. and to not get sloppy drunk..
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon

12-08-2014, 08:03 PM

Audrey I know some people take just one glass, but I'd be the one to get stopped by the Police and I'd feel bad. Especially since my son is a police officer in my town
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-08-2014, 09:37 PM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
Maybe the wine is to act as anaesthetic for the waxing?
and judging by the quality of cutting provided by some hairdressers perhaps they think a glass of wine might stop you noticing the dreadful results
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-08-2014, 10:18 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
and judging by the quality of cutting provided by some hairdressers perhaps they think a glass of wine might stop you noticing the dreadful results

Or it could be that they've had the glass of wine Meg, and that would explain the poor quality cut!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top