Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-08-2014, 06:15 PM

Why are both your nostrils not the exact same size?

A silly question I know, but no harm in asking.
Why are your nostrils never exactly the same size? I have a theory it's because when we were babies we slept more on one side of our head than on the other, closing one nostril more than the other, my left nostril is slightly smaller than my right, I checked the wife's nose and her right is smaller than her left. This never crossed my mind before until I noticed it when shaving today, Now I can't help myself gawking at the peoples noses when watching TV and when you get a good close up you can see they are not the same either. Can't wait to get to the pub tonight to do a bit of nostril spotting, Nostrildamus investigates.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-08-2014, 06:32 PM

Re: Why are both your nostrils not the exact same size?

Well I know what I'll be doing tonight - checking peoples nostrils I'll have a complex about that now Jem
You can always tell what side a person sleeps on - many more creases on that side of the face - have you noticed that Jem ........?
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-08-2014, 06:36 PM

Jem both sides of your face are different and not symmetrical (test this out by holding a mirror in the center of your face while looking in another) so it is not surprising both nostrils are different too..
APRICOT
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
APRICOT is female  APRICOT has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-08-2014, 06:39 PM

Mine are.
cranberry
Notts, UK
cranberry is female  cranberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-08-2014, 07:07 PM

Well I've never noticed and I should have really cos I'm at that age where there are stray hairs appearing in weird places - like my nostrils- they have to be got rid of by plucking so will look next time!!
Tess
Midlothian Scotland UK
Tess is female  Tess has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-08-2014, 07:10 PM

I wonder how many people went and looked in the mirror like I just did? Can't say I ever noticed my nostrils are not exactly the same but I don't think I'll lose any sleep over it
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-08-2014, 07:48 PM

Now then Jem, are there any other paired bits of you which are not the same size ?
Gabi
Lancs,.
Gabi is female  Gabi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-08-2014, 08:00 PM

It's the same with woman's bust ones always a bit bigger than the other....well mine is. Feet are the same....well mine is

Have you noticed your face is creased in the morning for a while then settles down to it's own form after a while.
Pats
Lincolnshire
Pats is female  Pats has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-08-2014, 09:39 PM

Deviated septums are common.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-08-2014, 09:53 PM

I used to be fixated about the Symmetry, now I am more concerned about the Cemetery.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top