Join for free
Deb W
Hereford
Deb W is female  Deb W has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-08-2014, 04:35 PM

Online supermarket shopping

Do you sometimes order your weekly supermarket shop online? What's the strangest item substitution you've been given?

I once got a tin of hotdog sausages when I'd ordered pork chipolatas.

But that pales into insignificance compared to my sister-in-law's order for duck breasts.

She got Toilet Duck.......
cranberry
Notts, UK
cranberry is female  cranberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-08-2014, 04:59 PM

Re: Online supermarket shopping

Oh blimey Deb W, I suppose they blamed the computer!! Never done an online shop - might not bother now!
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-08-2014, 05:14 PM

I will never shop online for food - I like to feel me bits - they are sure to give me older items - no, no not for me ..........
BowieEyes
Nottinghamshire, UK
BowieEyes is female  BowieEyes has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-08-2014, 05:47 PM

Have shopped online at Tescos many times. It comes in handy if you are not well or you cant be bothered to walk around the store.
I have odd times been given an alternative but nothing untoward.
You don't have to take their alternative if you don't want to.
You get to chose your delivery time so that helps me. I also like the
fact that they have now reduced the unwanted time slots to £1 for delivery so happy about that being at home and not working anymore.
I am taken to Tescos for my weekly shop by my Son but if that stopped
I would certainly take the online service as its cheaper than a taxi.
Stella H
Lowestoft, Suffolk
Stella H is female  Stella H has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-08-2014, 06:39 PM

No way would I do supermarket shopping online. I like to choose my own veg and meat for one thing, plus lots of other items. I would have to be absolutely desperate to have to do that online.
Gabi
Lancs,.
Gabi is female  Gabi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-08-2014, 06:51 PM

My daughter shopped once online when she wasn't well enough to go...she loved it said it was like opening a Christmas hamper because she'd forgotten some things she'd ordered.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-08-2014, 06:55 PM

I've never shopped online for food, I would much rather select my own goods, especially the fresh items....
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-08-2014, 06:58 PM

............ Ooops
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK

11-08-2014, 06:59 PM

Originally Posted by Gabi ->
My daughter shopped once online when she wasn't well enough to go...she loved it said it was like opening a Christmas hamper because she'd forgotten some things she'd ordered.
Well there is that ........to consider ....
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon
Myra is female  Myra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-08-2014, 06:59 PM

I've never had a supermarket online shop, but it used to amuse me when I lived in my house and the neighbours, who had umpteen cars, used to get Asda deliveries!! Each to their own I suppose.

I've heard from other people that you often get groceries near their sell by date, which has annoyed them.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top