Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-08-2014, 07:14 PM

Aaargh! No! Anything but that!

My lovely DVD player/monitor has gone on the fritz!!!

Half way through a film it just froze and I thought perhaps it was a fault on the disc, as it has been played rather a lot, so I gave it a different one. Screen said 'loading' and then 'no disc' ! I tried switching it off, letting it cool down, and tried again - still says 'loading' and then 'no disc'. Thinking maybe I was cracking up and had put the disc in backward - took it out, turned it round, and tried again - nothing. Have tried various other DVDs - received the same messages. Checked the manual but there is nothing appropriate.

How on earth will I cope without my daily dose of film ??!!
myrtle
Chatterbox
Macclesfield, uk
myrtle is female  myrtle has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-08-2014, 07:20 PM

Re: Aaargh! No! Anything but that!

Play them on your computer !
cranberry
Notts, UK
cranberry is female  cranberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-08-2014, 07:23 PM

Have you tried unplugging all the leads, I'm a great one for unplugging then plugging in again! Sometimes it works....
EZ Rider
Chatterbox
Surrey
EZ Rider is male  EZ Rider has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-08-2014, 07:24 PM

It may be that the lazer needs cleaning. Treat yourself to a DVD cleaner from PC World or some such store. They are very cheap and it just might do the job.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-08-2014, 07:28 PM

Originally Posted by myrtle ->
Play them on your computer !
Only as a last resort. PC is in the craft room and the speakers are rubbish.

Originally Posted by cranberry ->
Have you tried unplugging all the leads, I'm a great one for unplugging then plugging in again! Sometimes it works....
Will give that a try.

Originally Posted by EZ Rider ->
It may be that the lazer needs cleaning. Treat yourself to a DVD cleaner from PC World or some such store. They are very cheap and it just might do the job.
Will try that as well.

Thank you all for the advice.
EZ Rider
Chatterbox
Surrey
EZ Rider is male  EZ Rider has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-08-2014, 07:41 PM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
Only as a last resort. PC is in the craft room and the speakers are rubbish.

Will give that a try.

Will try that as well.

Thank you all for the advice.
Under no circumstances try to do any cleaning yourself as the lazer is extremely fragile and is so easily wrecked.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!

10-08-2014, 07:56 PM

Right - unplugged and replugged mains leads - still the same messages.

Tried a Laser lens cleaning disc - still same messages.

Maybe it is the loading mechanism that has worn out - it sounds as though it is struggling when I put a disc in. I hope it can be fixed as it was expensive and is only three years old. The sound/picture quality are superb and it is a multi-region player so I can play DVDs from all over the world.

Sigh - nothing last forever !

Psst -Anyone want to buy over a thousand DVDs - only one careful owner ?
cranberry
Notts, UK
cranberry is female  cranberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-08-2014, 08:07 PM

Oh dear, you must have worn it out!!! You'll have to save up and treat yourself to another
AutumnColour
Chatterbox
Trent Hills, Ontario
AutumnColour is female  AutumnColour has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-08-2014, 12:20 AM

A few years ago this particular brand of DVD machine was on a great sale. We bought 3 of them. Now, they're dirt cheap anyway.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!

11-08-2014, 06:22 AM

Which brand was that, Autumn? I may need to replace mine if it cannot be mended.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top