Join for free
Older git
Chatterbox
South Lincs
Older git is male  Older git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-08-2014, 08:49 PM

Drugs

I like my cigar,I like my glass of red wine. But why on earth do folk take drugs? I`ll leave with one hell of a talent who basically killed himself far too young

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XEHyBjY_mXE
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-08-2014, 08:56 PM

Re: Drugs

But why on earth do folk take drugs?
I guess they are looking for some kind of fulfilment ..

What they find is nothing more than an illusion which must come as a disappointment when they realise...
Losos
Fondly Remembered
West Suffolk
Losos is male  Losos has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-08-2014, 09:39 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
I guess they are looking for some kind of fulfilment ..
I take a different view Meg, I think they are all caught up in the media hype which extols the idea that everyone can have anything anytime they want it. Nearly all the front of camera workers are indulging in drugs all the time so the weak minded illiterates just follow like lemmings.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-08-2014, 10:22 PM

I ain't got a clue, but I would guess that most High Profile casualties can well afford it, and just don't know how close they are to the limit, the low profile folks who meet the same conclusion are probably more desperate, but will not evoke the same public outburst that happens when a high profile person that has touched Plebs Plebis meets their maker as a result, either way a sad early way out. imo.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-08-2014, 10:29 PM

A sad waste of a life, and it broke his father's heart!
Baxter8
Somerset
Baxter8 is female  Baxter8 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-08-2014, 08:49 AM

In my job i have to deal with the fatal consequences of illegal drug taking and it isn't pretty. I hate to stereotype but the vast majority that end up dead are living chaotic, sad, lonely lives. The need for drugs takes priority over everything and everyone else - not dissimilar to alcohol.

I would be absolutely terrified of indulging because I have such a black and white nature - I don't have a history of doing things by halves!

To keep some perspective though there are 000s out there that participate at weekends and live perfectly normal lives. We don't hear about them.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top