Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-08-2014, 01:02 PM

A real gentleman!

I was in town this morning when there was a cloudburst and, in seconds, I was soaked to my undies. As I was hurrying toward the bus stop a gentleman, walking in the opposite direction, stopped and offered me his umbrella. Had I not been laden with shopping I might have accepted.

Wasn't that a kind thought from a total stranger?
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-08-2014, 01:11 PM

Re: A real gentleman!

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
I was in town this morning when there was a cloudburst and, in seconds, I was soaked to my undies. As I was hurrying toward the bus stop a gentleman, walking in the opposite direction, stopped and offered me his umbrella. Had I not been laden with shopping I might have accepted.

Wasn't that a kind thought from a total stranger?
It was
I saw a nice gesture last week. In Tesco, they sometimes give you a money off ticket at checkout towards your next shop. Usually around £2. A lovely guy spotted an elder lady, struggling to walk and as I entered the shop saw him handing the ticket to her - 'There you go love, save yerself a few bob'...... Nice
Eliza
Chatterbox
England
Eliza is female  Eliza has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-08-2014, 01:48 PM

Not many of them about ST,
Older git
Chatterbox
South Lincs
Older git is male  Older git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-08-2014, 02:32 PM

There are some of us left.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-08-2014, 02:48 PM

Kind indeed ST and a lovely thought..
myrtle
Chatterbox
Macclesfield, uk
myrtle is female  myrtle has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-08-2014, 04:40 PM

Yes that was lovely ST
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-08-2014, 04:50 PM

It was very kind of him ST. Not many would do that.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-08-2014, 09:36 PM

I'm pleased to hear those nice reports of gentlemanly behaviour by men young and old, there are still plenty left thank God despite all the bad things we hear and read about men these days, we are not all as bad as we're made out to be.
Why only today the wife needed a hand carrying in some concrete blocks and bags of cement off the builders truck outside, I left my bottle of stout and dashed out to open the gate for her, hows that for chivalry.
AliceB
Cheshire
AliceB is female  AliceB has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-08-2014, 10:15 PM

My friend and I were waiting at the side of a busy road together with her husband, who uses a walking frame. It's by a four-way crossing, which makes it difficult to negotiate with traffic coming in both directions.

However, a very kind gent stepped forward in front of a huge articulated lorry, put his hand up, said lorry stopped and over we went. What a star!
dukeofearl
south coast uk
dukeofearl is male  dukeofearl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-08-2014, 11:04 PM

I was driving along a country road during the week when the weather was very hot and was confronted by a very attractive lady laden down thumbing a lift in a short skirt. Shame I only have two seats and my wife was in the other one.
Strange people were all thumbing lifts once as the norm, now they are all frightened by the Boggy Man, very sad.
Most glad that I lived my life through better times than these.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top