Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-08-2014, 10:35 AM

Illogical..

One of my pet hates is asking people for money.

Once I was involved with a charity and they gave me £20 worth of raffle tickets to sell. I bought them all myself because I just couldn't go up to people asking them to buy one.
As a retailer all my life this seems unbelievable - selling was my business, but the difference was - my customers came to me. No way could I go to them (unless they asked) Illogical really!

Anything illogical about you?
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-08-2014, 10:51 AM

Re: Illogical..

Originally Posted by carol ->
One of my pet hates is asking people for money.

Once I was involved with a charity and they gave me £20 worth of raffle tickets to sell. I bought them all myself because I just couldn't go up to people asking them to buy one.
As a retailer all my life this seems unbelievable - selling was my business, but the difference was - my customers came to me. No way could I go to them (unless they asked) Illogical really!

Anything illogical about you?
Most things according to my son

I live near the village churchyard which is presumably full of bodies yet if there is an accident locally and someone is killed I can't bear to go past the place for some weeks if I can possibly avoid it

Nothing to do with religion or superstition just an odd quirk of illogicality
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-08-2014, 11:00 AM

I share your dislike of asking people for money Carol, in any business dealings the wife handles that side of things for me, I prefer the making end of things.
I just remembered this, one thing I suppose you could call illogical is the fact that I am right handed but hold a cup or mug in my left hand, any other drinking vessel I use my right hand, this is automatic with me now. It started many years ago when my brother and me were boys, we had an Aunt who visited every Sunday and when she was drinking her tea she left smudges of her ruby red lipstick on the cup, we thought it looked disgusting and no matter how many times the cups were washed we would not drink from the same side of the cup that she did, it stuck with us all those years, strange eh.
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-08-2014, 11:23 AM

I'm left handed but I eat, knit, iron etc the right handed way.
I guess - like you Jem, that's illogical too.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-08-2014, 12:39 PM

Well I cant make sense of this one .......
I cant bear to see anyone gazing out of a window, it makes me 'very' sad - maybe I was a prisoner in a previous life ......
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-08-2014, 06:52 PM

I just adore tomatoes, I grow around five varieties and can eat them in just about every guise from raw to cooked to sun dried to passata, but I cannot face ketchup for the life of me, I have never tasted it and even the thought of tasting it turns my stomach over. Illogical or what.....
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-08-2014, 06:54 PM

Originally Posted by plantman ->
I just adore tomatoes, I grow around five varieties and can eat them in just about every guise apart from ketchup, which I have never tasted and even the thought of tasting it turns my stomach over. Illogical or what.....
I'm the other way around - cant eat tomatoes, like ketchup and tomato soup
Graham
South Hampshire
Graham is male  Graham has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-08-2014, 06:58 PM

Originally Posted by Patsy ->
I'm the other way around - cant eat tomatoes, like ketchup and tomato soup
I can eat tomatoes in any form - except when fried and they turn my stomach.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-08-2014, 06:58 PM

Originally Posted by plantman ->
I just adore tomatoes, I grow around five varieties and can eat them in just about every guise from raw to cooked to sun dried to passata, but I cannot face ketchup for the life of me, I have never tasted it and even the thought of tasting it turns my stomach over. Illogical or what.....
Me too Barry it makes me shudder.
AudreyII
USA
AudreyII is female  AudreyII has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-08-2014, 08:09 PM

I'm liking tomatoes more as I get older. I used to not eat them because of what I call "Tomato Guts"... the slimy seed masses that looks suspicious.. like a perfect place for bugs and worms to hide out. Now I can eat them but they have to be sliced paper thin and cannot be over ripe.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top