Join for free
dinahsmum
SW England
dinahsmum is female  dinahsmum has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-12-2009, 11:21 AM

Anything special for christmas eve?

Do you have anything 'special' today? Or is there some meal that has become a family tradition? Or a cultural one?
I have nothing to report I'm afraid - we are having duck breast today but could as easily be having a casserole or a fish .... I just wondered if it was a day associated with a particular food for you?
Jamies Dachshunds
North Carolina, USA
Jamies Dachshunds is female  Jamies Dachshunds has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-12-2009, 12:11 PM

Re: Anything special for christmas eve?

It's hard for me to explain the "why" without going into a whole drawn out story about my silly life, ( and believe me... it's a long story ) but we have taco's for christmas eve dinner and salsa and chips .... then we watch christmas movies and then at about 8:00 pm we have cakes, cookies and cocoa (for the kids) and coffee with bailys for the adults and then we each open one present from under the tree ( I always pick that one present for everyone because I already know what it is.. ) and then the kids all go to bed and the adults play cards or a board game.... then stuff the stockings and drink a little more then everyones off to bed! It's always the same each year and gets even more fun each year that the grandkids get older... at least for me anyway!
dinahsmum
SW England
dinahsmum is female  dinahsmum has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-12-2009, 12:21 PM

Re: Anything special for christmas eve?

I do understand - though it's not a food thing in our house, it's a game of cards, for pennies, on xmas night. Every xmas, for as long as I can remember, starting with at my grannie and grandads, then at the family home with my mum and dad, then our family home with our children, then at this new home, with our visiting adult children ... and tomorrow, as Darby and Joan I guess!! It's only our second ever christmas 'a deux'

I should have put this in general and asked for general family 'traditions' ... maybe Azz will move it? No matter anyway

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top