Join for free
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon
Myra is female  Myra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-08-2014, 07:08 PM

Wearing a suit

A homeless man in America took part in an experiment where he was asked to shower, get a haircut, dress in a shirt and suit and go out and do what he had been doing, ask people for money to get by. He looked so smart and people were going out of their way to give him money, much more than he asked for. He then dressed down again and people walked by, looking at him with total disrespect.

How would you have reacted to the two different "looks".

I know for a fact I'd have gone more for the poorer look.
GrumpyOldMan
USA
GrumpyOldMan is male  GrumpyOldMan has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-08-2014, 07:13 PM

Re: Wearing a suit

I don't give anyone I don't know any money.
cranberry
Notts, UK
cranberry is female  cranberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-08-2014, 07:17 PM

I would treat him the same on both occasions, I wouldn't give him anything! Probably got a BMW parked round the corner! Seriously though I don't give money - I once gave a homeless man some biscuits. Think he expected money.....
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon
Myra is female  Myra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-08-2014, 07:17 PM

Originally Posted by GrumpyOldMan ->
I don't give anyone I don't know any money.
Are you of the "yes I have got 10p, but go out a f...... earn it yourself" brigade?
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon

07-08-2014, 07:45 PM

My partner and I always think would we want to live like that - eh, NO. Would we grudge them a few pence - another NO.
Eliza
Chatterbox
England
Eliza is female  Eliza has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-08-2014, 08:36 PM

I dont see old Tramps begging like 40 year ago ,we would see them unshaven in ragged clothes walking from town to town ,one day we had one knock on our trailor door begging for food ,my father made him jam sandwiches and gave him the rest of the Pigs tails , same as what we were eating that night ,he wrapped them all up in newspaper and gave him them ,he was most grateful and he went on his way .....yes i would give to the ragged one and the suited ,who knows when we might be needy .
Older git
Chatterbox
South Lincs
Older git is male  Older git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-08-2014, 08:41 PM

Remember I have a PhD in psychology. I ran loads of stuff with my undergrads.

One nice one was super glue a 50p piece to the pavement and observe what happens-endless fun for all
cranberry
Notts, UK
cranberry is female  cranberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-08-2014, 08:45 PM

Not for me - I fell for that once!!! What a numpty!!

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top