Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
nero
Central Scotland
nero is male  nero has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-12-2009, 07:58 AM

A very cold Thursday

Mornin all, . . just looked at the thermometer outside, . . it's -11, . . this has to be the coldest morning we've had for years, . . I switched the TV on and Carol the weather girl on News24 confirmed the temp, . . it's -11 in Edinburgh too.

I doubt I'll even venture out the door today, . . in fact I'm hopping back into bed, . . have a safe one oFFers.
PPHammer
Yorkshire, UK
PPHammer is male  PPHammer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-12-2009, 08:18 AM

Re: A very cold Thursday

It is cold and we've had quite a bit of snow overnight here in the shire of York. The dogs have woken me up though because they want the loo.

I've had their hair cut yesterday and want to put their coats on, but my puppy just stands still when she's wearing it.
nero
Central Scotland
nero is male  nero has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-12-2009, 08:22 AM

Originally Posted by PPHammer ->
It is cold and we've had quite a bit of snow overnight here in the shire of York. The dogs have woken me up though because they want the loo.

I've had their hair cut yesterday and want to put their coats on, but my puppy just stands still when she's wearing it.
We've not had any snow here thank god, . . the air is heavy with not a breath of wind so we'll probably get snow later.
Chr1st1an
East Anglia
Chr1st1an is male  Chr1st1an has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-12-2009, 08:26 AM

Thankfully it has crept above freezing here on the east coast. I am not sure what we will find as we travel due west!
PPHammer
Yorkshire, UK
PPHammer is male  PPHammer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-12-2009, 08:35 AM

Originally Posted by nero ->
We've not had any snow here thank god, . . the air is heavy with not a breath of wind so we'll probably get snow later.
I've just heard it got to -15 in parts off Scotland last night. It's only -18 in a deep freezer.

Stay warm up there!!
CeeCee
UK
CeeCee is female  CeeCee has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-12-2009, 09:39 AM

Although not as cold as previous nights, my patio this morning is absolutely lethal. It rained yesterday evening and then froze and the surface is like glass. I have stood on the backdoor step throwing salt down, so that I can go out and feed the birds without breaking my neck!
dinahsmum
SW England
dinahsmum is female  dinahsmum has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-12-2009, 10:38 AM

We're still lethal underfoot but the temp is way above zero - I hope it won't be too long before it gives out and we can return to some sort of normality. Poor people travelling. My daughter was in Edinburgh working on Tuesday and just about managed to get back to London yesterday - she said it felt a bit touch and go whether the train would make it.
Have a good day everyone- don't stress. When I was working I always felt 4pm xmas eve was a great time when you could finally relax ... if you hadn't bought/sorted it by then, then you never would, so no point in worrying
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-12-2009, 11:31 AM

It was not quite as cold here last as it had been for the previous few nights (-8 in next doors garden) but we do have about an inch and a half of laying snow ..brrr

I am glad I braved the ice and went out to the get meat from the farm shop yesterday so don't need to venture far today (except for walks with Chloe across the fields) .

I am going to clean then prepare as much as I can for tomorrow by laying the table and making stock and stuffing

I doubt I'll even venture out the door today, . . in fact I'm hopping back into bed, . . have a safe one oFFer
Have a good day everyone, wish I could go back to bed with Nero
Brandykins
Fondly Remembered
near Glasgow Scotland
Brandykins is female  Brandykins has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-12-2009, 11:47 AM

Minus 7 here and plenty snow! The gritters were out during the night on the main drives and again this morning so buses are running ok! Snow was deep and I hate snow!

Hope you all enjoy your day though
Jamies Dachshunds
North Carolina, USA
Jamies Dachshunds is female  Jamies Dachshunds has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-12-2009, 12:26 PM

Well I will keep you all in my thoughts....it sure isn't that cold here for us!!
The snow that we did get several days ago is now just a big mess... but they
are calling for some ice rain tonight! Poor Santa! Thats going to stink for him!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top