Join for free
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain
clumsy is female  clumsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-08-2014, 09:27 PM

Nikon Coolpix P520 Photos (new camera)

Today I bought a new camera, my SLR one has developed a fault and won´t be fixed (that´s if it can be fixed) any time soon, I will send it back to UK with friends in October. I´ve bought a Nikon Coolpix P520 and these are the first photos taken. I was in Torrevieja tonight with friends. I´m very impressed with the zoom.

Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-08-2014, 04:52 AM

Re: Nikon Coolpix P520 Photos (new camera)

These superzomm cameras have come on leaps and bounds, many of my birding companions now carry the CanonSX50 just because of the impressive zoom capabilities but also you can easily take a macro shot with the same camera.

Im currently in the same boat, my DSLR has an error, hopefully will find out the repair cost next week, may mean i will go the same route as you have the ability to shoot in raw will guide my decision , as it helps tp process the image.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-08-2014, 09:48 AM

An interesting selection of pictures there Loretta
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain
clumsy is female  clumsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-08-2014, 01:56 PM

Thank you Meg. I keep wondering who the Guardia Civil were after, they were certainly whizzing along.

I decided not to get another DSLR camera Nom, I´m not an expert photographer, I just like taking photos and I find the DSLR too bulky and too fiddly to carry around with me. I do have a small compact camera, which is very good, a Canon powershot, but the problem is not having the eyepiece. When it´s so bright, as it usually is here, it makes taking photos quite difficult. Hopefully I will get on well with this Nikon. As I said, I will send the Olympus back to UK with friends, they know someone who fixes cameras, so we will see. What I won´t be doing is sending it back to Olympus for repair. The last Olympus camera I had, which I loved, developed a problem with the zoom and Olympus required me to send quite a large sum of money back with the camera before they even began to look at it. It turned out to be unrepairable and much cheaper to buy a new one.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top