Join for free
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 > Last »
ukmartian
Ipswich uk
ukmartian is male  ukmartian has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-08-2014, 04:12 AM

Online dating

Has anyone here got any experiences of Online dating sites??...I was getting fed up and after monitoring a couple of sites for the last few weeks I have paid up and gonna see what happens ...surely there must be someone out there in the same position as me ???
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-08-2014, 06:34 AM

Re: Online dating

Hi Steve - hope you have found the 'right' site there .....
Azz - will be setting one up, so if the present one doesn't work out for you, give the new one a go when its up and running
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-08-2014, 08:17 AM

I have no personal experience but I have family & friends who have used them.
My son found his new bride on the 'Plenty of fish' dating site.
A friend in his late 60's also found himself a wife on the same site.

It's entirely free so far as I know..
ukmartian
Ipswich uk
ukmartian is male  ukmartian has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-08-2014, 09:00 AM

Originally Posted by carol ->
My son found his new bride on the 'Plenty of fish' dating site.
A friend in his late 60's also found himself a wife on the same site.

It's entirely free so far as I know..
That's the one i signed up to it also has a 2nd site call 'plenty more silver fish' which is dedicated to us more mature patrons...It is completely free to sign up and also to view other people on there , but the catch is you cannot contact them or interact in any way , that is where you have to pay ...depending on how long you sign up for depends on how much you pay ...it varies from about 50p a day if you have a yearly membership to £1 a day if you have a monthly member ship £29.99...I have paid the later just to try it ...so far no luck ..
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-08-2014, 09:07 AM

Good luck then Steve. I'm sure there's somebody out there just right for you.
Stella H
Lowestoft, Suffolk
Stella H is female  Stella H has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-08-2014, 12:25 PM

Good luck to you Steve. Hope you find someone.
Older git
Chatterbox
South Lincs
Older git is male  Older git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-08-2014, 01:00 PM

Pof is good,some others are also good but beware the `renew billing`. Have I met the love of my life?-nope. Been `screwed`(and I do not mean sex) twice but I have met a couple of ladies who are now friends.

My advice is be honest, so many men are just after casual sex and sorry to say more than a few women are after a man to pay the bills.

Sorry if that sounds cynical it`s just my experience
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-08-2014, 03:32 PM

I have no experience myself preferring to be a loner but I know a number of people who have met partners that way and some who have had scary experiences

My cousin in her late 60s met a very nice chap. They live separately both retaining their own house some distance apart but spend a lot of time together . That sounds like a good idea to me.

Good luck Steve
cranberry
Notts, UK
cranberry is female  cranberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-08-2014, 03:33 PM

Good luck to any who join these dating sites, I think the key is just be careful, I have known a couple of youngsters come unstuck on Plenty of Fish.
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-08-2014, 07:11 PM

Hi Steve, can you remember what search terms you used to find the site? Or did you find it by recommendation or an advert?

The BBC ran a story on some dating sites, saying that people were getting messaged while they had a free trial... and as soon as they paid up the messages stopped!

The over 50s dating site I am planning would be free, with a small fee to 'verify yourself' which would then be used by other members in how interact with verified and non-verified members (so for example, they might opt to only allow verified members to see their profile, or contact them, etc).

Please keep us posted on how you get on, and good luck!

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top