Join for free
AudreyII
USA
AudreyII is female  AudreyII has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-08-2014, 09:25 PM

What's with all the weird stuff growing on us?

Since I've been in my 60's I've notice all sorts of strange growths and things on my skin. Skin tags... and keratosis the Dermatologist calls them.. She just snips them off.. but jeez.. it's a pain running to the doc.. Got so, I just sterilized a cutical scissors... took a deep breath and cut a few off myself. easy peasy...
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-08-2014, 09:29 PM

Re: What's with all the weird stuff growing on us?

Ewwwww! I have lots of unsightly skin tags and would love them removed. We did have a GP at our surgery who would remove them but I never got round to making an appointment and he's been retired now a few years.

I have lots of brown spots that we oldies get. Sometimes look at my body in horror!!
myrtle
Chatterbox
Macclesfield, uk
myrtle is female  myrtle has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-08-2014, 10:02 PM

It's my beard and moustache that drive me mad ... oh and my nasal hair !!!
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND
May is female  May has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-08-2014, 10:12 PM

Well a few Years ago I had a wee spot on My jawline and no amount of creams and lotions could get rid of it,so went to Doc's who sent Me to Hosp' and it turned out to be a BCC (basil cell carcinoma) which luckily enough was non malignant...Don't mess about with growths/spots,see Your GP
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-08-2014, 10:20 PM

My son had a skin tag on his back. The doctor told him to tie a piece of cotton round it very tightly & it would drop off.
My daughter in law did this for him and it did drop off...
Anita
Midlands, UK
Anita is female  Anita has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-08-2014, 10:31 PM

So true......I wonder if the saying 'warts and all' relates to the over 50's.

I hardly used to have as much as a freckle until I hit my 50's, now there are all kinds of bits and bobs to have lopped off, tweezed and shaved.
AudreyII
USA
AudreyII is female  AudreyII has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-08-2014, 11:06 PM

I'm always looking all over my body for anything that looks odd or wasn't there before.. I go to a Dermatologist every few year to have her do a complete skin check on me.. She looks in places I cannot see... and in even some places I don't WANT to see... but a melanoma can grow just about anywhere and those are deadly..

Seems like my neck is a prime spot for skin tags now.. They look like tiny teets.... hate 'em
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-08-2014, 11:25 PM

Originally Posted by carol ->
My son had a skin tag on his back. The doctor told him to tie a piece of cotton round it very tightly & it would drop off.
My daughter in law did this for him and it did drop off...
I did that too Carol only with fishing line ..

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top