Join for free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »
lilac
West yorks uk
lilac is female  lilac has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-07-2014, 03:23 PM

The car wash.

So many car washing facilities have opened up on any abandoned ground...I can get my car washed for a fiver..they seem to be fuelled by immigrant workers..do these people pay tax...or do they claim benefits?

Are they working legally?

Two polish workers told me that they were claiming DLA..and were walking away with £250 cash in hand every week..

Are these places being monitored??

If not..why??
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-07-2014, 03:45 PM

Re: The car wash.

There is one near me in an old car showroom which is part of a Spar shop/petrol station.
It costs £7 for a hand wash.
I think the chaps are Rumanian.Anyway they seem very hard working and work bank holidays and Sundays.
I am sure someone somewhere will have checked if they are trading legitimately and they will have to be paying rent on a plot which was standing idle.
Victors Mate
Fondly Remembered
Planet Earth
Victors Mate is male  Victors Mate has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-07-2014, 04:34 PM

There is one such service who rent part of the local Tesco's site. I'm pretty sure they pay tax, not so sure about Tesco though.
lilac
West yorks uk
lilac is female  lilac has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-07-2014, 04:39 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
There is one near me in an old car showroom which is part of a Spar shop/petrol station.
It costs £7 for a hand wash.
I think the chaps are Rumanian.Anyway they seem very hard working and work bank holidays and Sundays.
I am sure someone somewhere will have checked if they are trading legitimately and they will have to be paying rent on a plot which was standing idle.
Really?

Well how come 2 Polish workers gave up their jobs with ''back pain''and were seen working at a ''car wash'' 7 days a week?
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-07-2014, 05:17 PM

Originally Posted by Victors Mate ->
There is one such service who rent part of the local Tesco's site. I'm pretty sure they pay tax, not so sure about Tesco though.
Same here - used them many times - no complaints, they are always busy, a real money spinner and good workers too.
It would be an easy target to spot illegals or tax dodgers etc - in a defined site such as Tesco .......
lilac
West yorks uk

30-07-2014, 05:22 PM

You have missed my point..they are not all in ''Tesco's''or anywhere near it..They are on waste ground with a water supply...obviously immigrants..
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-07-2014, 05:24 PM

Originally Posted by lilac ->
You have missed my point..they are not all in ''Tesco's''or anywhere near it..They are on waste ground with a water supply...obviously immigrants..

so anybody with a hose-pipe in their hand is, according to your definition an immigrant. Can you substantiate that I wonder or is this just another of your vicious prejudices???
lilac
West yorks uk

30-07-2014, 05:29 PM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
so anybody with a hose-pipe in their hand is, according to your definition an immigrant. Can you substantiate that I wonder or is this just another of your vicious prejudices???
I think that the ''car washers'' who are black and can hardly string a sentence together In English, convinced me!!
Victors Mate
Fondly Remembered
Planet Earth
Victors Mate is male  Victors Mate has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-07-2014, 05:34 PM

Originally Posted by lilac ->
Really?

Well how come 2 Polish workers gave up their jobs with ''back pain''and were seen working at a ''car wash'' 7 days a week?
Really?

So the sole evidence for your an attack on Immigrants is based on the wholly anecdotal case of two Polish workers at a car wash.

A rather shoddy attempt worthy of the Daily Mail on a bad day.

A link and some proper evidence would be good.
lilac
West yorks uk

30-07-2014, 05:43 PM

Originally Posted by Victors Mate ->
Really?

So the sole evidence for your an attack on Immigrants is based on the wholly anecdotal case of two Polish workers at a car wash.

A rather shoddy attempt worthy of the Daily Mail on a bad day.

A link and some proper evidence would be good.
There is no proper evidence unfortunately..unless I conduct a live interview..

Come on..you know what is going on..these people are getting into Britain on an asylum seekers pass..and then work in these places..usually funded by pimps from their own countries..The number of times I have picked up a bunch of papers..dropped by a ''grunt''..different name..working full time and claiming benefit..would make you weep...

I hope your mother never needs a hospital bed!!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top