Join for free
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-12-2009, 05:27 PM

What's the daftest thing you've ever done?

Go on, own up .. don't be shy .. ya have to tell us

Me?
I sawed through a gas pipe once .. er, with a ciggie hanging out of me mouth.
Of course been sensible I hastily stubbed it out .. but it was dark so then I had to switch on the light.

I once had a boyfriend who managed to trap his neck in the garage door.
I never was quite sure how he managed that but he had to wear one of those neck braces for ages. To me it seemed an extreme way to avoid a date

I'm sure I will think of more daft things I've done

what about you?
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-12-2009, 05:46 PM

Re: What's the daftest thing you've ever done?

Lol good thread and lol @ the pipe and ciggie

I crashed my brothers car... when I was 14! He was teaching me to drive and then one day I said, go on let me park the car in the garage, he agreed reluctantly, and my foot slipped and I hit the wall
merz
Chatterbox
Lancashire, UK
merz is female  merz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-12-2009, 10:49 PM

Many moons ago I was decorating kitchen-was putting cover back on electric socket and screwed the screw through the live wire-almighty blue flash and it sent me flying to other end of kitchen I was perfectly ok but had fused all the electrics! Should have switched the electric off....lesson learnt

Another occasion my BIL was under the bonnet of my car changing a plug-as I brought the bonnet down he hadn't completely moved away-smacked him on top of head-ended up having 6 stitches......he's never let me forget that
PPHammer
Yorkshire, UK
PPHammer is male  PPHammer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-12-2009, 10:34 AM

When I had my new bathroom fitted, I didn't have a bath put in, only a shower in an effort to be 'green'.

I miss that bath

It is quite a large bathroom so I hope at sometime to have a bath put back in.

I have done plenty of other daft things, but maybe it isn't for this forum
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-12-2009, 05:03 PM

Originally Posted by merz ->
Many moons ago I was decorating kitchen-was putting cover back on electric socket and screwed the screw through the live wire-almighty blue flash and it sent me flying to other end of kitchen I was perfectly ok but had fused all the electrics! Should have switched the electric off....lesson learnt

Another occasion my BIL was under the bonnet of my car changing a plug-as I brought the bonnet down he hadn't completely moved away-smacked him on top of head-ended up having 6 stitches......he's never let me forget that

Thought I was bad enough

Some years ago having fitted my own kitchen I was laying floor tiles at 4am and managed to slice through my thumb . Everyone was asleep at that time so no help available and I had to cope with the cut myself while battling the desire to faint. The moral of the story, don't do DIY in the middle of the night .

Have arrived home from work after a night duty I made a cup of tea and sat on the kitchen bench to drink it.
I fell asleep with the mug in my hand/fell off the bench and hit my head/burnt my leg with hot tea.

When I was 15 I went to the cinema with my first boyfriend, he was older than me and smoked . He offered me a cigarette and I took it to look grown up and sophisticated.
I lit the tip by mistake and a huge flame shot up, very embarrasing when one was trying to look sophisticated .
dinahsmum
SW England
dinahsmum is female  dinahsmum has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-12-2009, 05:21 PM

I got the family up and dressed, packed up the car, we drove to the ferry port at St Malo (one sailing a day) handed over our documents with a pigeon French 'We're a bit early'. Got the reponse - 'yes - your tickets are for tomorrow'
Well, how was I to remember that July had 31 days not 30 and our holiday straddled the end of the month?
And silly things, involving keys, mostly ...
lovemyboys
Chatterbox
Canada
lovemyboys is female  lovemyboys has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-12-2009, 07:29 PM

I said I would do something adventurous for my 50th birthday.
I bunjee-jumped!
I have never been so terrified in my life, and can't believe I didn't have a heart attack there and then! Even with the few drinkie-poos beforehand!
That rush they talk about is you seeing your life rush before you!
Silly, silly decision! Don't know what I didn't say a helicopter ride, balloon ride, anything but bunjee jumping!
Brandykins
Fondly Remembered
near Glasgow Scotland
Brandykins is female  Brandykins has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-12-2009, 07:58 PM

I was checking a socket on the wall (many years ago) because it wasn't working, I was blown across the room - I forgot to switch off the electricity!! Never did that again

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top