Join for free
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 > Last »
AudreyII
USA
AudreyII is female  AudreyII has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-07-2014, 12:51 PM

You ate WHAT??

Hubby and I went out for dinner last night.. We spotted an interesting seafood restraunt attached to a HUGE outdoor sports store.. So we thought we'd give it a try.. What an interesting place.. the centerpiece of the restrauant was an enourmous 13,000 gallon salt water fish take.. AMAZING.!!! We we lucky enough to be seated right next to it!

ANYWAY... we saw an unusual item on the menu...ALLIGATOR!... Both of us are adventurous diners, so we decided to try it for an appetizer.. It was really delicious! What odd or unual things have you tried and enjoyed? Or tried and really hated...
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-07-2014, 12:55 PM

Re: You ate WHAT??

I'm not one fer trying things gal - but I don't mind you finishing off alligators, whats the purpose of them, they attack nice animals
Whats the difference between a croc and an alli ?
AudreyII
USA
AudreyII is female  AudreyII has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-07-2014, 12:59 PM

Originally Posted by Patsy ->
I'm not one fer trying things gal - but I don't mind you finishing off alligators, whats the purpose of them, they attack nice animals
Whats the difference between a croc and an alli ?
I had to Google.. cuz I wasn't sure..

Alligators have shorter, wider heads that are more U-shaped than crocodiles.

Alligators strongly favor freshwater while some species of crocodile live in seawater.

Alligators are less aggressive than crocodiles.

Alligators tend to have a darker appearance than crocodiles.

Alligators in the wild are only found in the US and China while crocodiles are found all over the world.
http://www.sciencekids.co.nz/science...fferences.html
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-07-2014, 01:24 PM

Thanks gal
Well if an Alli is 'less' aggressive than a Croc - try the crocs next time !
lilac
West yorks uk
lilac is female  lilac has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-07-2014, 01:27 PM

Baby camel at an Algerian wedding...thick, wobbly pieces of vivid yellow fat with very little lean..and smelt like the most rancid old mutton x 10..
I had to eat it, I didn't want to offend the newlyweds or their family..
It was disgusting..
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-07-2014, 01:37 PM

Not something I would go out to try, but after your post - I wish I could have had a taste

I don't think I have anything too unusual, perhaps my fermented foods is what people think most unusual
lilac
West yorks uk
lilac is female  lilac has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-07-2014, 01:48 PM

Originally Posted by Azz ->
Not something I would go out to try, but after your post - I wish I could have had a taste

I don't think I have anything too unusual, perhaps my fermented foods is what people think most unusual
That's interesting..what are ''fermented foods?''...
Grumblewagon
Aberdeenshire
Grumblewagon is male  Grumblewagon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-07-2014, 01:50 PM

Kangaroo is nice - a devil to catch but nice to eat
I've eaten Bear, Water buffalo, crocodile, horse and a few other things - all OK.
I tried real (allegedly) turtle soup once - that was a bit disgusting.
Sweetsue
midWales
Sweetsue is female  Sweetsue has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-07-2014, 01:52 PM

Have had ostrich in the past, but can't remember what it was like, so obviously not very memorable.
lilac
West yorks uk

27-07-2014, 01:59 PM

Originally Posted by Grumblewagon ->
I tried real (allegedly) turtle soup once - that was a bit disgusting.
I went as a guest to a Chinese ambassadors house..the first course was a glutinous soup..birds nests..
I have also eaten sharks fin soup unknowingly..although I disagree with the ethics..it was quite delicious..

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top