Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-07-2014, 01:36 PM

Cancelled again !

First week of February my husband was due to go to the endocrine clinic, had his blood tests done and all results collected ready and they cancelled.
First week of April we had a repeat.
First week of June happened again.
Just got the letter his August appointment has just been cancelled too.
Not holding our breath for the rearranged appointment in September but yet again he is booked in for his blood tests to be taken again.

All this time he hasn't been able to get one appointment at the GPs to get his monthly injections done so has started doing them at home himself following instructions he found on youtube.

Just can't decide whether to laugh or cry at the incompetence of it all.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-07-2014, 01:40 PM

Re: Cancelled again !

Thats about the size of it Julie - no words really except disgusting and appalling
See it all the time on TV - I know the reason for a lot of the delays, but I'll leave it to you to figure out
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-07-2014, 04:09 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
First week of February my husband was due to go to the endocrine clinic, had his blood tests done and all results collected ready and they cancelled.
First week of April we had a repeat.
First week of June happened again.
Just got the letter his August appointment has just been cancelled too.
Not holding our breath for the rearranged appointment in September but yet again he is booked in for his blood tests to be taken again.

All this time he hasn't been able to get one appointment at the GPs to get his monthly injections done so has started doing them at home himself following instructions he found on youtube.

Just can't decide whether to laugh or cry at the incompetence of it all.

That's not just incompetence, that's despicable!!! - don't stand for it!!! - to use the vernacular - "kick ass"!!!
Curmudgeon
Surrey UK
Curmudgeon is male  Curmudgeon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-07-2014, 04:58 PM

Julie.
When the local Trust Hospital were continually cancelling appointments for our Granddaughter I rattled a few cages with e-mails requesting the initiation of a formal complaint submission and listed a log of "failures to treat " , seemed to get things moving .

http://www.nhs.uk/choiceintheNHS/Rig...omplaints.aspx
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-07-2014, 05:38 PM

Thanks will try that ! I can't get over they keep prescribing his medication even though he is not having it injected by anyone at the hospital or GP surgery, it's a dangerous drug I imagined they kept a close eye on it's use, he could be selling it for all they care !
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon
Myra is female  Myra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-07-2014, 07:06 PM

Find out the address of the complaints department and send a letter. They will have to investigate it and get back to you. A Datex will have to be done by them.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-07-2014, 09:32 PM

PALS? As you know I've got involved with them...maybe not till the end, but probably just mentioning to the clinic that you've started a complaints procedure might get a response. Good luck.
Curmudgeon
Surrey UK
Curmudgeon is male  Curmudgeon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-07-2014, 12:21 PM

Julie, this is where I sent my first salvo:>
contactus@surreypct.nhs.uk but I think it is now this mob.:>
http://www.cqc.org.uk/contact-us
give them grief
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey

27-07-2014, 12:22 PM

Thank you !
Curmudgeon
Surrey UK

27-07-2014, 12:30 PM

Whoops, please see my amendment above.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top