Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-07-2014, 01:31 PM

Anyone living within distance of Mansfield.

I have 2 tickets to Beamish Open air museum. leaving by coach from Mansfield on Sat August 2nd. I can't use them now as I have broken my leg. Cost £53 for the 2 tickets. Half price to anybody interested.
Please PM me.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-07-2014, 02:16 PM

Re: Anyone living within distance of Mansfield.

Sorry to hear of your broken leg ! It must be horrid to be in cast in this hot weather.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-07-2014, 03:56 PM

Originally Posted by carol ->
I have 2 tickets to Beamish Open air museum. leaving by coach from Mansfield on Sat August 2nd. I can't use them now as I have broken my leg. Cost £53 for the 2 tickets. Half price to anybody interested.
Please PM me.

Oh Carol darlin' - ouch!!! - might I suggest that you take a little more water with it next time, then you won't fall over.
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-07-2014, 04:32 PM

Thanks for the sympathy!
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-07-2014, 05:05 PM

Thanks for the sympathy!
So come on then Carol darlin' - spill the beans and tell us you did it.
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.

26-07-2014, 05:44 PM

Aw - nothing exciting Uncle Joe. I slipped and fell while on a ramble with a friend on Thursday. My own clumsy fault - I was looking up at something instead of watching where I was going.
It will be autumn before I can think about walking again. Hubby Tony had fetched me a wheelchair today so that he can take me out & about a bit but it won't be far because he's had a new knee which is still painful - Oh we are a pair!

I feel quite gloomy really.
Eliza
Chatterbox
England
Eliza is female  Eliza has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-07-2014, 06:13 PM

Tissington Trail would be a good place for Tony to Push you on ,its flat and last time i went it was a hard surface.Just remember you are an invalid for the shortest of time.Chin up Carol.x
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.

26-07-2014, 11:55 PM

Hi Eliza - yes that would be a good place for him to push me. Thanks for the reminder.
I'm pleased to say I've sold my Beamish tickets. Getting half their value is better than getting nothing|!
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK

27-07-2014, 08:34 AM

Aw - nothing exciting Uncle Joe. I slipped and fell while on a ramble with a friend on Thursday. My own clumsy fault - I was looking up at something instead of watching where I was going.
It will be autumn before I can think about walking again. Hubby Tony had fetched me a wheelchair today so that he can take me out & about a bit but it won't be far because he's had a new knee which is still painful - Oh we are a pair!

I feel quite gloomy really.

Carol darlin' - I know all about that - have had both knees and both hips surgically replaced - I have a lovely surgeon - a big man, but a gentle giant. I was conscious throughout each of the five (had one hip replaced a second time) having had epidural for all of them and able to hear the bone saw and feel the vibration of his hammering the joints into place.
lovemyboys
Chatterbox
Canada
lovemyboys is female  lovemyboys has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-07-2014, 08:41 AM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
.... having had epidural for all of them and able to hear the bone saw and feel the vibration of his hammering the joints into place.
You just made my tummy do flip-flops! Not nice!

Carol, I hope your leg heals well. I know it's no fun having a cast on. But with the money you got back on your tickets, treat yourself to something special!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top