Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-07-2014, 06:55 PM

Candid Camera

Do you remember the old Candid Camera with Johnathan Routh ?
It was amazing at the time.
The thread about dining out alone, prompted this memory as some of the stunts involved restaurants.

What would you do, if I were at yer table brazingly nicking yer chips ?
Oh and dipping me bread in yer egg, or me biscuit in yer tea
The victims were so good in them days - I shudder to think now ........
AudreyII
USA
AudreyII is female  AudreyII has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-07-2014, 08:13 PM

Re: Candid Camera

We had an American version of Candid Camera by Allen Funt.. It was so funny.. and you are right about people being good sports back then.. NOW... at least here, they would probably pull out their guns.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-07-2014, 12:41 AM

On of my favourites (or perhaps the one that sticks in my mind) was when they had a car with no engine and found petrol stations on a slope so they could coast in. Bought a gallon of petrol then got the attendant to help them because the car wouldn't start.

Honey
Chatterbox
Lancashire
Honey is female  Honey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-07-2014, 01:00 AM

Originally Posted by Patsy ->
The thread about dining out alone, prompted this memory as some of the stunts involved restaurants.

Patsy, I'd knock your block off!
lovemyboys
Chatterbox
Canada
lovemyboys is female  lovemyboys has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-07-2014, 01:12 AM

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
On of my favourites (or perhaps the one that sticks in my mind) was when they had a car with no engine and found petrol stations on a slope so they could coast in. Bought a gallon of petrol then got the attendant to help them because the car wouldn't start.

Oh gosh, I was laughing so hard, I nearly peed my pants!!
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-07-2014, 06:23 AM

Originally Posted by Honey ->
Patsy, I'd knock your block off!

Exactly - I don't think they'd get away with it today !!
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK

25-07-2014, 06:24 AM

Originally Posted by lovemyboys ->
Oh gosh, I was laughing so hard, I nearly peed my pants!!
That's me Hubs favourite too - that attendant 'scratching his head' did it for me !
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK

25-07-2014, 08:45 AM

Originally Posted by AudreyII ->
We had an American version of Candid Camera by Allen Funt.. It was so funny.. and you are right about people being good sports back then.. NOW... at least here, they would probably pull out their guns.
Yes exactly !
I recall the American ones very well.
What I loved about our ones was the main guy, Johnathan Routh - he was so droll - perfect he was
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-07-2014, 11:26 AM

Originally Posted by Patsy ->

Well Patsy darlin' you'd either have to be very quick or you'd be nursing a very sore hand with my fork stuck in it. No-one, I mean no-one steps between me and my food!!!
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK

25-07-2014, 12:32 PM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
Well Patsy darlin' you'd either have to be very quick or you'd be nursing a very sore hand with my fork stuck in it. No-one, I mean no-one steps between me and my food!!!
Don't see a smiley there Joe - you mean business eh - I wonder how Johnathan would have reacted to that !

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top