Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
AutumnColour
Chatterbox
Trent Hills, Ontario
AutumnColour is female  AutumnColour has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-07-2014, 03:36 PM

Flag Waving

Is Britain a nation where many people have a national flag on their property or hanging from a balcony, maybe even (gulp) used as curtains?

Canada in general are not big flag wavers, at least not in Ontario I've noticed. I'm glad because I personally don't care to see a flag flying at every second house.

When I do see a big, beautiful Canadian flag blowing, I do feel a great sense of pride but if there were too many, it would seem cheapened.

Except for July 1st, I believe Canadians have a fairly quiet pride
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-07-2014, 04:40 PM

Re: Flag Waving

It's rare to see a flag flying except for some international sporting event.
AutumnColour
Chatterbox
Trent Hills, Ontario
AutumnColour is female  AutumnColour has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-07-2014, 04:51 PM

Whoops I meant to put this in the Questions Section as I knew it didn't need a slew of answers
ZsaZsa
Miskolc Hungary
ZsaZsa is female  ZsaZsa has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-07-2014, 05:01 PM

Although you'll sometimes see a Hungarian flag outside a private property you'll always find one alongside the EU flag both inside and outside all police stations, municipal and governmental buildings.
AudreyII
USA
AudreyII is female  AudreyII has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-07-2014, 05:43 PM

LOt's of flags here... lots and lots and lots and lots
AutumnColour
Chatterbox
Trent Hills, Ontario

24-07-2014, 06:04 PM

AudreyII
USA
AudreyII is female  AudreyII has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-07-2014, 06:37 PM

We have Old Glory... of course... BUT some of our Southern folks love to fly the Confederate Flag as well.. The Teabaggers are really REALLY fond of the Gadsden Flag... The Don't Tread on Me flag picturing a coiled snake. To each his own.

I fly the US flag every Memorial day.. 4th of July and on Veterans Day.. Don't see that as "Cheapening" the flag.. I see it as patriotic. Nothing wrong with that.
AutumnColour
Chatterbox
Trent Hills, Ontario

24-07-2014, 06:49 PM

Originally Posted by AudreyII ->
We have Old Glory... of course... BUT some of our Southern folks love to fly the Confederate Flag as well.. The Teabaggers are really REALLY fond of the Gadsden Flag... The Don't Tread on Me flag picturing a coiled snake. To each his own.

I fly the US flag every Memorial day.. 4th of July and on Veterans Day.. Don't see that as "Cheapening" the flag.. I see it as patriotic. Nothing wrong with that.
Here we go again, sigh, misreading what I meant. I never said the flag on special occasions was cheapening it!
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-07-2014, 06:53 PM

I quite like your Confederate flag! One of my neighbours flies the English flag on St George's day, the rest of the year he flies the Yorkshire flag. I have an Irish tricolour but have never dared to fly it!
AudreyII
USA

24-07-2014, 07:05 PM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
I quite like your Confederate flag! One of my neighbours flies the English flag on St George's day, the rest of the year he flies the Yorkshire flag. I have an Irish tricolour but have never dared to fly it!
It reminds me of the British flag.. but not quite.. Too bad it has such an abhorant history.. We Northerners don't really like that the South is still so enamoured by it as it represents slavery and all the nasty business of our civil war. BUT then again.. some of them are still fighting the civil war.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top