Join for free
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-07-2014, 09:52 AM

Absent minded woman!!!

Several days ago, as I left a meeting, I desperately gave myself a personal search. I was looking for my keys.

They were not in my pockets. A quick search in the meeting room revealed nothing.

Suddenly I realized I must have left them in the car. Frantically, I headed for the car park.

My husband has scolded me many times for leaving the keys in the ignition.

My theory is the ignition is the best place not to lose them. His theory is that the car will be stolen.

As I scanned the car park I came to a terrifying conclusion! His theory was right. The car park was empty.

I immediately called the police. I gave them my location, confessed that I had left my keys in the car, and that it had been stolen.

Then I made the most difficult call of all.

"Hello My Love", I stammered; I always call him "My Love" in times like these. "I left my keys in the car, and it has been stolen."

There was a period of silence. I thought the call had disconnected, but then I heard his voice. He barked, "I dropped you off!"

Now it was my time to be silent. Embarrassed, I said, "Well, come and get me."

He retorted, "I will, as soon as I convince this policeman I have not stolen your bloody car."

This is what they call, " the Golden Years!"
Tess
Midlothian Scotland UK
Tess is female  Tess has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-07-2014, 11:50 AM

Re: Absent minded woman!!!

Ha ha so funny...........but getting older does bring absent mindness. It's quite annoying when you set off to do something in another room only to arrive in the room and can't for the life of you think what it is you came to do!!
Thanks for making me laugh Uncle Joe
BowieEyes
Nottinghamshire, UK
BowieEyes is female  BowieEyes has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-07-2014, 06:22 PM

Re: Absent minded woman!!!

I had a senior moment just after I came back from the hospital and my Radio Therapy last week.
I am always leaving my glasses in other rooms even though I have a
nice coloured band around them which I hang around my neck.
Looking in the different rooms and I then realised when I walked into the kitchen that I actually had them on.
For goodness sake. How daft is that

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top