Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-07-2014, 02:25 PM

21 today.

If you could turn your age clock back and become 21 again, what qualities would you be looking for if you were thinking of hooking up for life with a member of the opposite sex.
Personally I would hate to be 21 today and playing the mating game, things were much simpler when I was young, women looked after the home and kids and the man provided the lolly, yes I would definitely be lost, old fashioned old git that I am.

Remember it's today, still the same year 2014 and not when you were actually 21.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-07-2014, 02:38 PM

Re: 21 today.

I would not like to 21 today, Jem.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-07-2014, 02:46 PM

There is too much pressure for the 'youngsters' of today so no, I wouldn't like to face being 21 again. Life was so much simpler years ago, we didn't have much money but we knew how to enjoy ourselves without the need to cause chaos like many of the younger crowd appear to think they need to do today.

Also there was more respect for each other then.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-07-2014, 03:42 PM

Agree with Mags - in fact me and Hubs say that we would hate to be young today, really feel for those that are. I'm happy the age I am, and will be happy to pass over when the time comes.
If I were 21 again, I would look for Hubs - in answer to your question Jem
orangutan
Chatterbox
Another world
orangutan is female  orangutan has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-07-2014, 03:50 PM

I'd also hate to be 21 now, but as for the question of what I'd be looking for, I can't answer that. I don't think I ever "looked for" a partner, but when things clicked I just knew I had found it (at the time).
AudreyII
USA
AudreyII is female  AudreyII has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-07-2014, 04:09 PM

What I have looked for now, and what I did at 21 are different. I wanted looks.. a handsome sexy man.. Someone that "lit my fire" if you will. I also wanted him to have a good job and be able to provide for me and a family. That said... can you see how nature works? She always wants to ensure the survival of the species.. doesn't she. Just to bad these handsome devils were always such Aholes... lol!!!

WELL... NOW.. it's totally different. I am completely capable of making money to support myself. I have done so.. and quite sucessfully. I also am not at all into the physical appearance of a man. What "turns me on" now is intelligence and a wonderful sense of humor. Someone who I like being with and who makes me laugh. Someone who enjoys doing the same things I like doing. The bedroom is much less important than the kitchen and parlor... IMO. Looks go... but the insides of a person is what counts.
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon
Myra is female  Myra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-07-2014, 04:16 PM

I'd hate to be 21 today. I like what and where I am now. My youngest is 20 and has a good life, but I can't imagine me being that age now. Don't think I had the stamina then and certainly not now.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-07-2014, 04:18 PM

I was always into sense of humour and someone who felt about life as I did, so I think I would be looking for the same man I met all those years ago. However would I be the same person at 21 as I was then I am not so sure. 21 now seems very young, but we were men and women back then, not still young teens as they seem today.
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain
clumsy is female  clumsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-07-2014, 04:26 PM

I wouldnīt want to be 21 again but I would like to be 28 again, even in 2014. I would, in all probability follow the same career(s) (I had two), but would I know then what I know now? If I didnīt then no I donīt think I would not want to turn the clock back, there is very little for young people today, even well educated ones.
AutumnColour
Chatterbox
Trent Hills, Ontario
AutumnColour is female  AutumnColour has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-07-2014, 05:23 PM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
I would not like to 21 today, Jem.
I agree ST, things aren't the same anymore. Funny I remember going to College for my Graphic Design schooling at 21 & being really depressed that I was getting old.....ohhhh gaawwwd!
I forgot...as far as a partner goes, I never really looked per se. I was always bothered when people would say "so, you haven't found Mr. Right yet?" It was kind of hard to find him when I was enjoying myself the way life was. My husband & I met by chance but I cannot get over how much of a soul mate he is. We're like brother & sister, sisters, everything, its uncanny.
Wonder if I'd be that lucky today unless it fell under fate.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top