Join for free
Chr1st1an
East Anglia
Chr1st1an is male  Chr1st1an has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-12-2009, 09:27 AM

Morning tuesday

-as it creeps ever nearer! It looks slightly improved outside -luckily as we were out last night it didn't freeze. Have a good one y'all!
dinahsmum
SW England
dinahsmum is female  dinahsmum has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-12-2009, 10:12 AM

Re: Morning tuesday

Frozen here again - I've just been out sprinkling some ash onto to pavement - it's like glass.
Luckily my husband got home about 3.30pm yesterday, so we went straight off to Tesco and I've everything in now, except the goose which we'll pick up on xmas eve. The car is parked and won't move for a week, I hope. We're having braised red cabbage with the goose, so no need even to dash out for sprouts.
So - anything else?No, that's it; that's as interesting as it gets
Alicat
West Berkshire
Alicat is female  Alicat has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-12-2009, 10:44 AM

Well at least it's not snowing this morning in West Berkshire. There's still thick ice and snow on the ground, my hubby managed to get in too work (about three miles by car), it didn't take him too long either so I might venture out a bit later.

Take care all of you on those roads and paths.
nero
Central Scotland
nero is male  nero has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-12-2009, 11:36 AM

Mornin all, . . I think a thaw is in the air as opposed to a nip, . . the roads are still bad but passable.

Have a good one folks and take care on the roads.
Brandykins
Fondly Remembered
near Glasgow Scotland
Brandykins is female  Brandykins has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-12-2009, 05:55 PM

Hello Christian and Everyone! Went out early this morning with my friend Grant and Loki to the RSPB at Lochwinnoch (we are members of it) to see the birds - Grant went into the main hide and I just went into the shop part and had one of their lovely coffees. Then a walk around - not too far as it was very icy underfoot and I am terrified, Grant took Loki, then back into the shop again, I watched the birds from inside looking out at the birds - there were loads of them, Grant took his pics from the hide! I took some as well from where I sat in the warmth of the RSPB shop. It's a lovely place and I do enjoy going there. Had lots more coffee - spent a fortune there!

Not long back home. Loki loved her day out in the snow - the snow came on very heavy and where I live it is about 12" deep underfoot now, at least it takes away the ice underfoot!

Hope everyone has had a lovely day, no matter what the weather is like.

Take care.
merz
Chatterbox
Lancashire, UK
merz is female  merz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-12-2009, 10:38 PM

Evening all-woke up to another heavy fall of snow and it snowed all morning. Have been snowed-in today-couldn't open the gates on drive, couldn't get Hatti out for a walk and couldn't get to work. About 5 inch fell on top of yesterdays snow. Did eventually dig a path to the gates in the afternoon and just about made it down the road to meet my friend and take the dogs on the recreation ground for a run-they had a whale of a time. Given another weather warning out for more snow tonight-over 10 years+ since we had it like this........hopefully it will be another 10+ before we get it again!
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-12-2009, 10:47 PM

Oh dear! you have had it bad up there, merz

Go careful when you're out, it doesn't take much to break a bone
merz
Chatterbox
Lancashire, UK
merz is female  merz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-12-2009, 11:12 PM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
Oh dear! you have had it bad up there, merz

Go careful when you're out, it doesn't take much to break a bone
We are usually sheltered by the Pennines and the hills, but not this time. The forecast is not good for us over Christmas. I will be very careful when I go out. I'm very wary when walking and will only be out as long as I need to be....not worth risking falling and breaking a bone.....
Wanda
High Peak, Derbyshire, UK
Wanda is female  Wanda has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-12-2009, 11:32 PM

Another dreadful day of heavy snowfalls here.

Can't move the van, roads too bad.

Beyond a joke now - had enough!!!!

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top