Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-07-2014, 11:58 AM

It's Magic.

Some 20 years ago our son and his (as then) wife bought us a potato peeler. Over the years it had become my favourite bit of kitchen equipment - I'm the one who prepares the vegetables. Suddenly it has disappeared .........oh calamity! We've looked high and low but can't find it. It's disappeared as if by magic. I think that there's an international kitchen utensil thief doing the rounds. Please keep a lookout for it and let me know of any sightings. Thanks in anticipation, Alan.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-07-2014, 12:03 PM

Re: It's Magic.

I know what you mean Alan, I also had a favourite potato peeler that disappeared a few years ago. No other potato peeler had the same 'feel' as that one.

I think someone (probably hubby!) must have accidentally wrapped it up with the potato peelings
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-07-2014, 12:05 PM

I'll keep my eyes peeled for it Alan.
Sandi
Adelaide, South Australia
Sandi is female  Sandi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-07-2014, 12:13 PM

I know the feeling Alan. Lost my favourite one too, hubby usually throws things out too or takes things to use in the yard and then leaves them there.

Now try buying another one that suits you as well.

Reminds me of our story when quite a few years ago, the Wheat Silos here (Hubby was Chief Engineer) brought some Chinese out to see how the Silos were run and how we stored our wheat when we had a bumper crop and the silos were full. We used Bunkers for the extra.

They came to our house for a day and as meal time approached the two women asked if they could do something to help. So I said you can peel the potatoes. When I handed them the potato peelers they didn't have a clue what they were. So showed them how to use them and they were amazed. They asked me to take them to a shop where they could buy some to take back to China as presents. They bought 3 shops out. So guess what all the rellies in China got for a present.
Eliza
Chatterbox
England
Eliza is female  Eliza has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-07-2014, 12:26 PM

Mmm must be the same kitchen thief that took my table knife away i kept it for peeling potatoes,, it was given to me second hand when i got married and i had it for at least 30 of them years.
ZsaZsa
Miskolc Hungary
ZsaZsa is female  ZsaZsa has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-07-2014, 12:29 PM

I guard my potato peeler with my life because being left handed there's only one kind of peeler I can use and they're hard to find. It's hidden away when family and friends come to stay and if I need to peel spuds I'll use a sharp kitchen knife instead!
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-07-2014, 12:42 PM

I love me butter knife its almost 50 year old and looks it now.
I want to change it but the ones I've seen are monsters !
AudreyII
USA
AudreyII is female  AudreyII has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-07-2014, 01:10 PM

I think these things inadvertantly get swept into the trash with the peels and food scraps. I started out with a dozen dinner forks.. I now have 7. So either that is the explanation or there really IS an international ring of kitchen utensil thiefs.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-07-2014, 01:14 PM

Can you buy another the same Alan
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-07-2014, 01:49 PM

I use a potato peeler for all my veg: a knife just simply isn't enough. I feel your pain, Alan.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top