Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-07-2014, 11:31 AM

The " Done List"

We often hear about the "To Do list" , things we want to achieve. Im left wondering about the things we managed to do.

What did you manage to do that was on your list, did achieving it give you the satisfaction you expected ?

Im not that ambitious, but leaving home, getting married, having a family all achieved, cant say they lived up to expectations. I did set out to achieve first class status in Archery, lot of training and it was gained at a Fita Star tournament in Yorkshire. Great weekend, yet so many other things have fallen away over the years.

Im sure others can do better.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-07-2014, 11:59 AM

Re: The " Done List"

I never really had any expectations or a 'to do' list. Had my childhood been different I am sure I would have had both.

That said I am not disappointed with the things I have a archived the main one being to raise my son alone and to help facilitate his dreams
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-07-2014, 12:07 PM

My major 'to do list' was to go up in a hot air balloon, to fly in a Tiger Moth and to go to India - happily I have done (and enjoyed) them all !

The minor list was to learn something new every year - and I am still doing that one. Some years it has been something academic, sometimes creative, sometimes practical - but it is great fun.
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-07-2014, 02:56 PM

When I was in my 17th year I was at grammar school doing quite well and decided I'd had enough of school and packed it in and went to work as a coal miner. In my early 30s I went to teacher training college taking maths as my main subject and proved to have a talent for the subject. When I got my lecturing job I decided to pursue maths even further and took a degree through the Open University finishing up with a first class degree. I had proved "to myself" that I had it in me.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-07-2014, 04:12 PM

My hobby 'To do' list started years ago when we first travelled abroad by 'plane. I soon discovered there were many options for a taste of various ways of 'travel'.

Other than the obvious car, train bus etc I have managed the following:
Helicopter ride in Florida
Monorail in Florida
Airboat in the swamps in Florida
Hot Air Balloon in Egypt
Mini cruise from Cyprus to Egypt
Atlantis Submarine in Barbados
Camel rides in Turkey and Tunisia and Egypt
Monte Toboggan ride in Madeira
Gondola in Venice
Hydrofoil from Croatia to Venice
Cable Car in Dubrovnik

I've always fancied paragliding one day but hubby won't allow me to try that due to me having a dodgy back ..... and also the fact that I can't swim!
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-07-2014, 04:15 PM

I'd love to have seen you on that camel Mags - cant believe you did that twice !
It looks so uncomfortable .....
3 times in fact !
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-07-2014, 04:21 PM

Originally Posted by Patsy ->
I'd love to have seen you on that camel Mags - cant believe you did that twice !
It looks so uncomfortable .....
3 times in fact !
It can be uncomfortable Patsy, you get on the camel when it is on it's knees and you have to hold on like grim death when it stands up.... back legs first or you can be thrown right over the camel's head. That's what happened to the lady infront of me on my first camel ride, no-one warned her that they stood up hind legs first and she went flying over the camel's head which really shook her up. Needless to say she didn't bother with the ride after that

I have got photos but whether I have the nerve to put one on here is another thing!
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-07-2014, 04:27 PM

I wonder if she was the lady on 'You've been framed'
Didn't find it funny as it looked very dodgy with regards injury ......
You're an expert now Mags
lilac
West yorks uk
lilac is female  lilac has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-07-2014, 04:38 PM

I have already ''done'' a lot of things in my life...

Danced with wolves..became a member of the Apache tribe..met the Dalai Lama...

These things were not on a ''bucket list'' they just happened..
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-07-2014, 05:24 PM

I've never been the adventurous type, done all I wanted to do and I'm happy enough with that.
My God Mags you've been everywhere, fair play to you. I'm glad you explained about the Camel, I was going to ask you how do you get down from a Camel, but then you don't get down from a Camel, you get down from a Duck.
That was my Granny's favourite joke, I just had to air it again, bless her soul.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top