Join for free
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-07-2014, 11:37 AM

Telling it like it is !

OK I am a big brother fan but although this is a bit big brother related it is also real life related so I think it's safe to post about it

At the moment on BB forums we have a bit of a divide between people who like everyone to tell it like it is and others who like people to be polite to people's faces and possibly have a bit of a moan in the diary room.

I just wondered when it became expected that everyone should tell everyone else what they think of them, air all grievances to the person's face ? when being polite and trying to get on was considered rude and back stabbing ?

Really don't like this new world where we are expected to tell people we don' like them and why, what is wrong with smiling sweetly and not making them feel awful ? because often there is nothing a person can actually do to change and why should they if they are not hurting anyone else ?
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-07-2014, 12:06 PM

Re: Telling it like it is !

Might depend on the set of filters people use to judge what is ok, past experiences can alter judgments on what is fair or foul. Also subjectivity differs for each of us, trying to see the other side even if you disagree is a trait that would be good. Not that easy to achieve, well done to those that have, something im working on.
lilac
West yorks uk
lilac is female  lilac has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-07-2014, 12:17 PM

As I get older..I find I suffer fools less easily...I am fed up with entertaining idiots with a fixed smile on my face.

Don't have the time...
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-07-2014, 12:37 PM

I agree with Lilac here - we've had a lifetime of learning experience.
I would rather tell someone than gossip in the backroom - that's really is offensive to me.
People know where they stand with me - what you imply Julie, is bullying to me, just being downright rude and in yer face, a bit like the soaps today (which is why I don't watch them) where a pint in the face is normality for women to do !
lilac
West yorks uk
lilac is female  lilac has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-07-2014, 12:42 PM

I tell them pleasantly..but firmly..

I actually think this will help them in the future..rather than have people laughing and talking about them behind their back!
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-07-2014, 12:50 PM

Yes I can see that, I guess I just don't see why anyone would think they had the right to expect others to change just because they found them irritating, I tend to just either tolerate and smile sweetly or move on and avoid in real life. No time to try and change others or inclination too either if I started doing that then others could tell me to change and that is not going to happen unless I agree what I am doing is wrong.

I have spent too long trying to be what others want only to find their expectations of me are way too high to be happy doing it now.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-07-2014, 12:58 PM

Oh no! Would never 'expect' anyone to change
Cant be doing with that at all - I either like someone or I don't, if I don't its a good reason, if they want to know the reason I will tell them .....
Honey
Chatterbox
Lancashire
Honey is female  Honey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-07-2014, 01:04 PM

I wouldn't be having a conversation with someone I didn't like, I'd distance myself from them to avoid my blood pressure rising, sometimes it's best to just ignore them
Curmudgeon
Surrey UK
Curmudgeon is male  Curmudgeon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-07-2014, 01:48 PM

Trouble is half the population is skanky.
Honey
Chatterbox
Lancashire
Honey is female  Honey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-07-2014, 01:48 PM

then ignore that half

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top