Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
eccles
South West
eccles is female  eccles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-07-2014, 04:28 PM

Flies!

There's a fly in my kitchen that's been there for a few days now and it's driving me MAD. I've zapped it numerous times with spray and it does nothing at all. I've had one of those blue light things on all day which is supposed to attract them and then kill them, and that doesn't work either. I'm sure the damn thing's laughing at me and it's a pain keeping every item of fruit, bread and so on covered up. Anyone got any ideas? And why don't fly sprays work any more?
lilac
West yorks uk
lilac is female  lilac has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-07-2014, 04:35 PM

Re: Flies!

Just swat it with a newspaper..the stink of ''fly sprays'' is worse than the fly..
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-07-2014, 04:42 PM

I heard Lavender works, they don't like the smell - don't know if that's true.
Have seen a tennis bat gadget that sends an electrical charge at them, that looked good, it worked anyway. Guess you can buy at Amazon .....
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-07-2014, 05:09 PM

I find opening the window often works they fly out.
Unfortunately another one may fly in.
Failing that a skilfully flicked tea towel
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-07-2014, 05:30 PM

Originally Posted by eccles ->
There's a fly in my kitchen that's been there for a few days now and it's driving me MAD. I've zapped it numerous times with spray and it does nothing at all. I've had one of those blue light things on all day which is supposed to attract them and then kill them, and that doesn't work either. I'm sure the damn thing's laughing at me and it's a pain keeping every item of fruit, bread and so on covered up. Anyone got any ideas? And why don't fly sprays work any more?
Blimmin eck...I could have written this!!! Same situation here. It keeps settling on a kitchen cupboard, I approach with a cup to catch it, and off it goes. It too has been sprayed, and I sit on my chair almost with fly swat in hand. Just waiting for an opportunity to shoo it out my front door.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-07-2014, 05:34 PM

Originally Posted by Jazzi ->
Blimmin eck...I could have written this!!! Same situation here. It keeps settling on a kitchen cupboard, I approach with a cup to catch it, and off it goes. It too has been sprayed, and I sit on my chair almost with fly swat in hand. Just waiting for an opportunity to shoo it out my front door.
Is it a 'zapper' like this Jazzi ........
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Bug-zapper-8...atter+electric
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-07-2014, 05:40 PM

I didn't open the link because mine is just the bog standard small swatter. Maybe I ought to get this one.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK

13-07-2014, 06:07 PM

Originally Posted by Jazzi ->
I didn't open the link because mine is just the bog standard small swatter. Maybe I ought to get this one.
I have seen one used, very effective.
Thinking of getting one for when a critter sneaks in .....
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-07-2014, 06:16 PM

I use 'Raid' fly and wasp killer rapid action - and it DOES work!!! - have killed flies in mid air with it and they've dropped at my feet stone dead.
eccles
South West
eccles is female  eccles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-07-2014, 06:29 PM

Originally Posted by lilac ->
Just swat it with a newspaper..the stink of ''fly sprays'' is worse than the fly..
Do you think I've not tried? It's impossible.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top