Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
lilac
West yorks uk
lilac is female  lilac has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-07-2014, 02:47 PM

I despair at the behaviour of ''humans''

I'm sorry to drop this on you....just read the paper..

http://cyprus-mail.com/2014/06/30/li...-but-immobile/

I'm afraid ''little Billy'' is dead...after being thrown live into a crushing machine..
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-07-2014, 03:03 PM

Re: I despair at the behaviour of ''humans''

Well Lilac, it's probably better the little chap has died, I don't see that he could have ever led a normal life with the injuries he sustained. It's just a pity in a way that his death wasn't instant so he knew nothing about it.
I can't comment further, words fail me with things like this, but "an eye for an eye" come to mind.
lilac
West yorks uk
lilac is female  lilac has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-07-2014, 03:11 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Well Lilac, it's probably better the little chap has died, I don't see that he could have ever led a normal life with the injuries he sustained. It's just a pity in a way that his death wasn't instant so he knew nothing about it.
I can't comment further, words fail me with things like this, but "an eye for an eye" come to mind.
Just the tip of the iceberg Mups..

http://greeceexposed.com/2014/06/28/...ogs-in-greece/
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-07-2014, 03:18 PM

Yes. Unfortunately I read about this in one of my dogs magazines a while back. Even members of the public (children included), are being urged to kill stray dogs and are paid a monetary for doing so. Kids are killing as many as they can for the pocket money. Beggars belief doesn't it.
Gabi
Lancs,.
Gabi is female  Gabi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-07-2014, 03:19 PM

That was so distressing to read, I saw it in the paper this morning. Cyprus is also teeming with cats, I heard when I was there on holiday they cull them once a year instead of keeping them under control.
lilac
West yorks uk

13-07-2014, 03:22 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Yes. Unfortunately I read about this in one of my dogs magazines a while back. Even members of the public (children included), are being urged to kill stray dogs and are paid a monetary for doing so. Kids are killing as many as they can for the pocket money. Beggars belief doesn't it.
I remember a turkish holiday a few years back..there sitting amongst the rubbish was a female dog with newly born pups..I took out some water and something to eat for her..

The next day, she was gone..
lilac
West yorks uk

13-07-2014, 03:24 PM

Originally Posted by Gabi ->
That was so distressing to read, I saw it in the paper this morning. Cyprus is also teeming with cats, I heard when I was there on holiday they cull them once a year instead of keeping them under control.
Malta is also teeming with cats..they are so mangy that they don't have any fur..thin..
They look like something out of a science fiction film..
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire

13-07-2014, 03:31 PM

Originally Posted by lilac ->
I remember a turkish holiday a few years back..there sitting amongst the rubbish was a female dog with newly born pups..I took out some water and something to eat for her..

The next day, she was gone..

I am sure she was grateful for your little bit of care and kindness. You did what you could at the time.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-07-2014, 05:19 PM

I can no longer read those kinds of stories humans can be a truly horrible species ...
orangutan
Chatterbox
Another world
orangutan is female  orangutan has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-07-2014, 05:26 PM

I don't read these links either. If I have an inkling that they are about animal cruelty I just move on, I'm afraid. It's too distressing.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top