Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
AutumnColour
Chatterbox
Trent Hills, Ontario
AutumnColour is female  AutumnColour has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-07-2014, 07:58 PM

Remote Control Devices

What exactly is the power in a remote control set of car keys & TV remote?

I've been able to turn the TV on right through my husband's rear end AND I can pop open our car trunk right through 3 or 4 cars, in the parking lot.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-07-2014, 09:13 PM

Re: Remote Control Devices

Originally Posted by AutumnColour ->
What exactly is the power in a remote control set of car keys & TV remote?

I've been able to turn the TV on right through my husband's rear end AND I can pop open our car trunk right through 3 or 4 cars, in the parking lot.
Its a radio signal darlin'.
Graham
South Hampshire
Graham is male  Graham has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-07-2014, 09:15 PM

I've been able to turn the TV on right through my husband's rear end
What??
AutumnColour
Chatterbox
Trent Hills, Ontario
AutumnColour is female  AutumnColour has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-07-2014, 09:27 PM

Ha ha! Its true if he's standing in front of the tv turning on the DVD player (we cancelled tv service years ago). I can turn on the tv with the remote right through him, hee hee!
Losos
Fondly Remembered
West Suffolk
Losos is male  Losos has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-07-2014, 09:41 PM

Ha ha! Its true if he's standing in front of the tv turning on the DVD player (we cancelled tv service years ago). I can turn on the tv with the remote right through him, hee hee!
When you ask about the 'power' in remote controls, the answer is a tiny battery.

But the actual 'type' of control can vary. Someone above mentioned 'radio transmission' but there are others e.g. ultrasonic, infra-red, LED's, lasers (Not for public use 'tho)

Some of these will only work if the 'remote' can 'see' the box you are controlling but some e.g. the 'radio' type emit a signal which bounces of walls and ceilings etc. so your hubby standing in the way will not stop it working (Regardless of how 'big' he is )
AutumnColour
Chatterbox
Trent Hills, Ontario

10-07-2014, 09:46 PM

Lol, thanks Harvey, radio transmissions it is I guess. He's not a huge guy, no.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-07-2014, 07:23 AM

I often point the remote at the missus and push the mute button, and when the dog gets a bit hyper, I press the "Paws" button.
2wheeler
Lincolnshire
2wheeler is male  2wheeler has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-07-2014, 09:03 AM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
I often point the remote at the missus and push the mute button, and when the dog gets a bit hyper, I press the "Paws" button.
Ho! Ho! - if only the mute button worked....that would be a gadget worth it's money.
AutumnColour
Chatterbox
Trent Hills, Ontario

11-07-2014, 01:01 PM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
Does anyone ever press the OFF button at you?
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-07-2014, 01:08 PM

No I'm stuck on "Standby".

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top