Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
AutumnColour
Chatterbox
Trent Hills, Ontario
AutumnColour is female  AutumnColour has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-07-2014, 05:16 PM

How Should I Categorize This?

When I've complained about something on this forum (as well as others, I might add) a particular person digs up an older post of 'mine' for some reason, just to use it for his own smarta**ed comment to me. Is that trolling? Yes I'm sick of that word too, believe me but certain seniors seem to really like this "person" so will probably not help me out.

Think I'll get back to my animals as at least that's a mob I can trust.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-07-2014, 05:30 PM

Re: How Should I Categorize This?

That is annoying and childish.
I would just ignore the fool that does that ........Unless, it was to prove a point, that I would accept personally ....
Linden Tree
Derbyshire, UK
Linden Tree is female  Linden Tree has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-07-2014, 05:31 PM

AC I would think that if you have a genuine grievance then you should air it. If it's only one smart ass among the many comments you will probably receive then does it really matter that much. Has that person got nothing else to say! That to me speaks for itself. Don't be silenced by anyone!!!!

C'mon woman get it off your chest
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon
Myra is female  Myra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-07-2014, 05:31 PM

I'd consider it "trolling". It doesn't matter how many friends the person has, it's how they make YOU feel.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-07-2014, 05:39 PM

Originally Posted by AutumnColour ->
When I've complained about something on this forum (as well as others, I might add) a particular person digs up an older post of 'mine' for some reason, just to use it for his own smarta**ed comment to me. Is that trolling? Yes I'm sick of that word too, believe me but certain seniors seem to really like this "person" so will probably not help me out.

Think I'll get back to my animals as at least that's a mob I can trust.
AC digging up an older post is not breaking the rules and the remedy is in your hands. If someone annoys you don't respond to their post.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-07-2014, 08:52 PM

This is why there is an ignore button, if I hadn't used it there would have been a point where I would have exploded!
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-07-2014, 09:10 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
AC digging up an older post is not breaking the rules and the remedy is in your hands. If someone annoys you don't respond to their post.
I get a bit fed up with that attitude, we have to put up with being called all sorts and treated like dirt but just ignore it ! Not right IMO It sounds like AC has a legitimate complaint it should at least be looked into and acted on if it is making her feel as she says, we surely don't want people leaving the forum due to one or two people ?
Losos
Fondly Remembered
West Suffolk
Losos is male  Losos has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-07-2014, 09:29 PM

Originally Posted by AutumnColour ->
a particular person digs up an older post of 'mine' for some reason
Send me a PM with the name and I'll put them on my 'ignore' list quicker than you can say banned
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-07-2014, 09:47 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
I get a bit fed up with that attitude, we have to put up with being called all sorts and treated like dirt but just ignore it ! Not right IMO It sounds like AC has a legitimate complaint it should at least be looked into and acted on if it is making her feel as she says, we surely don't want people leaving the forum due to one or two people ?
Julie it isn't an 'attitude' it is a fact. If you think someone has broken the rules you can contact Admin with the details. Digging up old posts and making smart comments although irritating is not a breach of the rules.
There is often a clash of personalities on forums and when this happens it is best that the parties involved to ignore each other.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-07-2014, 09:54 PM

Just go on their profile & add to your ignore list Julie, saves you getting all upset.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top