Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-07-2014, 01:20 PM

Ok For Some.....But Very Few..

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news...ameron-3822141
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-07-2014, 01:30 PM

Re: Ok For Some.....But Very Few..

Now 'thats' something to get mad about !!
Pappy
Scotland UK
Pappy is male  Pappy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-07-2014, 01:45 PM

Ah, our dear politicians! How lucky we are to have such a bunch of two faced opportunists running our country. I say we should club together and buy the whole lot of them one way tickets on a cruise to Siberia. Or anywhere far away from decent folk.
Hypocrites!
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-07-2014, 01:47 PM

Love that idea Pappy !
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-07-2014, 01:51 PM

Originally Posted by Pappy ->
Ah, our dear politicians! How lucky we are to have such a bunch of two faced opportunists running our country. I say we should club together and buy the whole lot of them one way tickets on a cruise to Siberia. Or anywhere far away from decent folk.
Hypocrites!
What have the residents of Siberia done to deserve that fate

Now rocket to Mars might be an idea, no one they can annoy up there.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-07-2014, 02:21 PM

I'll say it once more - we need a complete root and branch reform of our politics - every MP to be a delegate and not, as at present a representative, the abolition of the House of Lords, to be replaced with a directly elected second chamber, the abolition of the monarchy to be replaced with an ELECTED President.

As delegates, 'we' their constituents would have the right of 'recall' at any time so that recalcitant MPs can be deselected and thrown out.

Any expenditure an MP incurs needs the PRIOR approval of the Public Accounts Committe - which, in addition to having MPs serving on that committee will also have members o0f the 'public' too.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-07-2014, 02:31 PM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
I'll say it once more - we need a complete root and branch reform of our politics - every MP to be a delegate and not, as at present a representative, the abolition of the House of Lords, to be replaced with a directly elected second chamber, the abolition of the monarchy to be replaced with an ELECTED President.

As delegates, 'we' their constituents would have the right of 'recall' at any time so that recalcitant MPs can be deselected and thrown out.

Any expenditure an MP incurs needs the PRIOR approval of the Public Accounts Committe - which, in addition to having MPs serving on that committee will also have members o0f the 'public' too.
I am with you UJ all the way until you mention a president, there we part company.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-07-2014, 02:35 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
I am with you UJ all the way until you mention a president, there we part company.

Julie, do you really want Charlie the turd??? - what I have advocated, of necessity means abolition of the monarchy, since, as I have also said, the political reforms require the abolition of the House of Lords, by abolishing that, means that Mrs Windsor and Charlie the Turd and all that come after will have no role anyway.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey

07-07-2014, 02:56 PM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
Julie, do you really want Charlie the turd??? - what I have advocated, of necessity means abolition of the monarchy, since, as I have also said, the political reforms require the abolition of the House of Lords, by abolishing that, means that Mrs Windsor and Charlie the Turd and all that come after will have no role anyway.
I want us to keep the monarchy sadly that means Charles will be king but I have hopes we will see William on the throne sooner rather than later.

It could all work with out a president I believe, and it would have to work without as the idea of a president Blair or Brown fills me with dread. Although a president Boris could work
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK

07-07-2014, 03:01 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
I want us to keep the monarchy sadly that means Charles will be king but I have hopes we will see William on the throne sooner rather than later.

It could all work with out a president I believe, and it would have to work without as the idea of a president Blair or Brown fills me with dread. Although a president Boris could work

Certainly not either Bliar or Brown, I was thinking more along the lines of Dennis Skinner.

Boris??? - that Buffoon??? Would you like to see the country represented by the likes of him on the international stage??? What would foreigners think of us???

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top