Join for free
Curmudgeon
Surrey UK
Curmudgeon is male  Curmudgeon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-07-2014, 01:18 PM

Don't you just love it !

When you are on a busy escalator and some muppet gets to the bottom , steps off and then stops and stands there thinking ! people from upstream now arriving at the rate of one a second with nowhere to go ! big heap of struggling kicking shouting humanity on the bottom tread, muppet walks off leaving chaos to untangle itself . Magic.
daisymay
South Wales Valleys
daisymay is female  daisymay has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-07-2014, 02:22 PM

Re: Don't you just love it !

The same idiot walks out of a store and stops dead in the doorway. Or stops in the middle of a shopping aisle in such a position that it is not possible to pass either side. Or how about people who walk down a pavement, then suddenly veer off to the side, cutting right across your path. I often wonder if these muppets drive a vehicle, and if so how many 'near misses' they leave in their wake?
stevmk2
Milton Keynes
stevmk2 is male  stevmk2 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-07-2014, 02:32 PM

Worst "muppet" I ever saw was in a crowd of people leaving M&S one busy Saturday.

We were on the escalator, still coming down, when we saw a small boy at the head of a group of people suddenly bend over to tie up his shoe laces.

The large woman directly behind him, carrying several large packages, did not see him in time and pitched headlong over him but then two other people rushing to try to break her fall collided with two others behind her and the whole lot ended up on the floor.

The small boy, totalled unaffected, stood up, looked around at the chaos, shrugged his shoulders and walked off!!

It was like a Chaplin film! stevmk2
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND
May is female  May has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-07-2014, 03:24 PM

LOL,these posts have given Me a good laugh..Looks like a scene from a 'Carry-On' Film ;~)
Curmudgeon
Surrey UK
Curmudgeon is male  Curmudgeon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-07-2014, 03:32 PM

Reminds me of a friend, it was WWII in South London and air raid siren had just gone . Family all rushed for the stairs to get to the air raid shelter . At that moment an AA gun on a site opposite opens up BANG FLASH. My friend scared out of his wits throws himself to the floor which happens to be the head of the stairs , the family now up to full steam somersault over him and down the stairs . He says he can still remember his fathers bellow "YOU C***** from way down below.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-07-2014, 12:30 AM

Maybe that's what makes them human.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-07-2014, 08:17 AM

Have been sent flying on more than one occasion by some idiot exiting from a shop onto the pavement, head down, looking at a mobile phone instead of looking where they're going and cannoned into me.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-07-2014, 10:23 PM

Chuckling with laughter here!

I am going to mention a muppet's action, but have to confess I am guilty of doing the same thing. Someone behaving as though they have eyes in the back of their head, because they suddenly start backing up without checking who or what is behind them.

Yes, I did it once at work, was getting out of the lift and still talking to a colleague started walking backwards into someone waiting to get in! ooops.
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon
Myra is female  Myra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-07-2014, 10:26 PM

They've changed the entrance to the place I work in. It ends up with a bottle neck effect. You go through a narrow doorway, one by one, then a few of you are waiting to go through the next narrow doorway. It's a pain in the neck. I don't often take notice of things like that, but this as really annoyed me and it's been done all wrong.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top