Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
AutumnColour
Chatterbox
Trent Hills, Ontario
AutumnColour is female  AutumnColour has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-07-2014, 06:13 PM

Being A Moderator

Do Mods get paid?
How many hours per week do you put in?
Thanks
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-07-2014, 06:16 PM

Re: Being A Moderator

Originally Posted by AutumnColour ->
Do Mods get paid?
How many hours per week do you put in?
Thanks
NO .... Mods certainly do not get paid!

We put as many hours in as we can, there is no limit .... often that is too many hours for me, I've almost forgotten what my husband looks like!
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-07-2014, 07:12 PM

Forums are certainly a thief of time at any time, but being a mod and having a life as well is almost impossible on a forum as busy as this. My feeling is that there is definitely too much work for just two mods on here now and Azz really should be on the lookout for a couple of others to lighten the load.
myrtle
Chatterbox
Macclesfield, uk
myrtle is female  myrtle has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-07-2014, 07:15 PM

Do they have to read every post ?
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-07-2014, 07:21 PM

Originally Posted by myrtle ->
Do they have to read every post ?
I do ....
AutumnColour
Chatterbox
Trent Hills, Ontario
AutumnColour is female  AutumnColour has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-07-2014, 07:22 PM

Originally Posted by plantman ->
Forums are certainly a thief of time at any time, but being a mod and having a life as well is almost impossible on a forum as busy as this. My feeling is that there is definitely too much work for just two mods on here now and Azz really should be on the lookout for a couple of others to lighten the load.
Yes, it sure sounds like he should. Thank you. I guess now, being so popular, its a given
Rachel
Chatterbox
UK
Rachel is female  Rachel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-07-2014, 07:35 PM

I was a global mod on a small forum and, because it was small, the members really modded themselves.

All I had to do was delete or move stuff when requested and generally 'help'
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon
Myra is female  Myra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-07-2014, 07:46 PM

I think the mods here are doing a great job considering the size of this forum. I just like how they are on here. In the background, but not overpowering. They are a credit to the forum.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-07-2014, 09:24 PM

I think good Moderators are a blessing to everyone on a forum, they have to be tactful and patient yet be firm and confident at the same time, any sign of weakness will be taken advantage of straight away by some, while being too harsh will be seen as bullying. And don't mention the hours they put in, I would't do it for love nor money. I think we are very lucky with the Mods we have here and I'm very grateful to them for their time, they are terrific in my books.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-07-2014, 09:43 PM

I think Jeremy Vine would make a good Moderator, but I think Vanessa Phelps would not.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top