Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-06-2014, 11:04 AM

Civil Partnerships

David Cameron has ruled out the hetrosexuals cant have a Civil Partnership that was recently given to homosexual couples. Is this a mistake ?

Source Huffington Post.

Peter G Tatchell
Peter G Tatchell

Human rights campaigner
GET UPDATES FROM Peter G Tatchell

David Cameron Insists That Straight Civil Partnerships Remain Banned
Posted: 27/06/2014 15:42
Follow
David Cameron, Gay Marriage, Gay Marriage, Civil Partnerships, Parliament, Budget 2014, Gay Voices, Peter Tatchell, GAY NEWS, UK Politics News

Get UK Politics Newsletters:
Subscribe

When David Cameron backed the legalisation of same-sex marriage in 2013, he said it was a simple matter of equality. Quite right too. But now, a year later, he has rejected the principle of equality by refusing to allow opposite-sex couples to have a civil partnership.

His government announced yesterday that it is maintaining the current ban on male-female civil partnerships. What happened to Cameron's much boasted commitment to equal rights for all? Surely, in a democracy we should all be equal before the law?

Since the legalisation of same-sex civil marriage, for the first time in British history, gay and lesbian couples have a legal advantage over straight ones. Same-sex couples have two options: civil marriage and civil partnership. In contrast, opposite-sex couples have only one option: marriage. This is profoundly unjust and unfair
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-06-2014, 11:55 AM

Re: Civil Partnerships

Heterosexual couples have had the option of a civil marriage in a registry office or many other places for years, along with a church wedding. Why would they need another option ? Civil partnerships IMO should be phased out and offer same sex couples the same as heterosexual couples. Then we would have true equality.
Pats
Lincolnshire
Pats is female  Pats has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-06-2014, 12:51 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
Heterosexual couples have had the option of a civil marriage in a registry office or many other places for years, along with a church wedding. Why would they need another option ? Civil partnerships IMO should be phased out and offer same sex couples the same as heterosexual couples. Then we would have true equality.
Well said Julie.
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-06-2014, 02:20 PM

But the point is at the moment Hetrosexual couples dont have the same options Julie, why are they being refused by Cameron, dont know the statistics but i willing to bet that Hetrosexual couples will vastly outnumber Homosexual couples, so why are they refused equal rights, as far as i understand its all to do with the problems not being able to be resolved in law after death or seperation.
AudreyII
USA
AudreyII is female  AudreyII has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-06-2014, 02:27 PM

Absolutely! There should be NO civil "Partnerships"... what the heck is that anyway? Everyone, Straights and Gays should be allowed to marry the person they love. Real marriage.. with all the rights and benefits. Period.
AudreyII
USA
AudreyII is female  AudreyII has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-06-2014, 02:29 PM

Originally Posted by Nom ->
But the point is at the moment Hetrosexual couples dont have the same options Julie, why are they being refused by Cameron, dont know the statistics but i willing to bet that Hetrosexual couples will vastly outnumber Homosexual couples, so why are they refused equal rights, as far as i understand its all to do with the problems not being able to be resolved in law after death or seperation.
May I ask WHY civil "partnerships" even exist? They are discriminatory in and of themselves.
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland

28-06-2014, 02:35 PM

Originally Posted by AudreyII ->
May I ask WHY civil "partnerships" even exist? They are discriminatory in and of themselves.
Surely just a choice people make. To have their partnership recognized in law. Whats wrong with that ? how are they discriminatory ? if so what of marriage via religion can that not also be said to be discriminatory, the current mob in power want to give tax incentives to married couples is that not discriminating.

Seems to me same policy for any partnership is equality.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-06-2014, 02:57 PM

Surely just a choice people make. To have their partnership recognized in law. Whats wrong with that ? how are they discriminatory ? if so what of marriage via religion can that not also be said to be discriminatory, the current mob in power want to give tax incentives to married couples is that not discriminating.

Seems to me same policy for any partnership is equality.
What's wrong with registry office wedding ? that is as civil as it can be I seem to recall religion is not even allowed to be mentioned !
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland

28-06-2014, 03:05 PM

What's wrong with registry office wedding ? that is as civil as it can be I seem to recall religion is not even allowed to be mentioned !
Many people dont want a registry office wedding, would not want one myself. Again their choice Julie, you usually defend those discriminated against, why do you think this is ok ?
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey

28-06-2014, 03:19 PM

Many people dont want a registry office wedding, would not want one myself. Again their choice Julie, you usually defend those discriminated against, why do you think this is ok ?
Because civil partnerships were only brought in to discriminate against same sex couples stopping them getting married properly.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top