Join for free
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain
clumsy is female  clumsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-06-2014, 09:01 PM

More from the garden today

This disgusting locust was sitting in my newest lime tree....I hate them.

Nectarine tree

Limes on the oldest lime tree, approx. 5 years old now and lots of fruit on it this year.

One of the Hibiscus flowers

Another type of Passion flower...this one we can eat the fruit and very nice it is too.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-06-2014, 09:57 PM

Re: More from the garden today

I envy you your garden, Loretta .... it must be lovely to pick your own fruit just when you want.

Don't like the locust though, it looks as though it was quite big *shudders*
lovemyboys
Chatterbox
Canada
lovemyboys is female  lovemyboys has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-06-2014, 10:24 PM

How lovely. Like Mags, I envy you being able to pick your own fruit.
And that hibiscus flower is gorgeous.
Are locusts generally a problem where you are?
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-06-2014, 10:54 PM

Loretta what do the nectarines taste like off the tree, are they more fragrant than those we get here which can be tasteless
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain
clumsy is female  clumsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-06-2014, 11:15 PM

The locusts are huge ugly things and they take off whirring like helicopters. You can hear them chewing and watch leaves disappear before your eyes. Some years we get more than others, this year we havenīt seen many, but I hate them as much as the cucurachas.

The nectarines are really nice, but we give a lot away to friends and neighbours, we give most of the lemons away too, the lemon tree fruits and flowers virtually all year round. This week Iīve been doing "things" with peaches, I bought some on the market on Sunday, 2 kilos for 1 euro and they were really lovely, but too many to eat whilst they were so fresh so I made some peach crunch, which was really good and has been shared with the neighbours.
lovemyboys
Chatterbox
Canada
lovemyboys is female  lovemyboys has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-06-2014, 11:17 PM

Originally Posted by clumsy ->
...but I hate them as much as the cucurachas.
The whatter-whattas?
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain

25-06-2014, 11:22 PM

Originally Posted by lovemyboys ->
The whatter-whattas?
These:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yfka9m6NhzE
lovemyboys
Chatterbox
Canada

25-06-2014, 11:25 PM

Oh! I hate those things too.
But I gotta tell ya, I'm laughing so much at that silly dancing cockroach video!!!
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-06-2014, 07:35 AM

When I saw the name I immediately remembered that song........great video.
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain

26-06-2014, 02:10 PM

Pity the real cucarachas are not as cute as the animated ones, such a catchy song though.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top