Join for free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »
Cookiecate
Chatterbox
Blackpool
Cookiecate is female  Cookiecate has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-06-2014, 01:53 PM

How did you meet your partner?

My first husband I met while dancing with my friends. He came up and asked my friend to dance but I thought he was speaking to me so I accepted

My second husband I met when he worked for my first husband, Keith was the office manager and I spoke to him over the phone a lot. When I started divorce proceedings he was a rock and was there for me every step of the way. We started out as friends. We are still best friends.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-06-2014, 01:59 PM

Re: How did you meet your partner?

My one and only husband I met using computer dating - magazines used to have ads for dateline, you filled in the boxes and sent the page off to the company. They then came back with a list of 6 compatible men or women. First one I met I nearly didn't bother again as he was awful, but second was my Steven and we married 6 weeks after we met. Been married 30 years so something must have been right about that computer programme !
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-06-2014, 02:09 PM

Fab story Julie - meant to be gal
As you know, sang to my fella ......'Only have eyes for you' and 'fever'
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-06-2014, 02:13 PM

First met her when she was whining to her then boyfriend because we led him astray, so instead of meeting her we went to the footy then on to the disco.

Ps it was the Fairs Cup.
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK
MKJ is male  MKJ has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-06-2014, 02:21 PM

I think more and more are meeting the opposite sex on the internet - and not on dating sites either. I met a nice girl from Denmark whilst playing a computer game - Ultima Online, and the most recent on a forum *cough*. Best way to meet someone if you ask me cos you can really sus em out before meeting em face to face (in the flesh). A hell of a lot better than meeting em in the pub when you have had a few.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-06-2014, 02:28 PM

Originally Posted by MKJ ->
I think more and more are meeting the opposite sex on the internet - and not on dating sites either. I met a nice girl from Denmark whilst playing a computer game - Ultima Online, and the most recent on a forum *cough*. Best way to meet someone if you ask me cos you can really sus em out before meeting em face to face (in the flesh). A hell of a lot better than meeting em in the pub when you have had a few.
Is that drinks or Ladies?..
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-06-2014, 02:47 PM

I bumped into him in a narrow gateway
... he then traced where I worked and lived , sent lots of roses and put a note through the door saying 'Come for dinner tonight, tomorrow and every night' and included his telephone number.
Stella H
Lowestoft, Suffolk
Stella H is female  Stella H has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-06-2014, 02:54 PM

Met my hubby a couple of years after my 1st hubby died. We met at a friend's house at a new year party and have now been married for nearly 36 years.
orangutan
Chatterbox
Another world
orangutan is female  orangutan has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-06-2014, 03:04 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
I bumped into him in a narrow gateway
... he then traced where I worked and lived , sent lots of roses and put a note through the door saying 'Come for dinner tonight, tomorrow and every night' and included his telephone number.
What a romantic!! Full marks to him for tracking you down.

I don't have a partner so no story for me...
oldbugger
Fondly Remembered
Moray Coast, Scotland.
oldbugger is male  oldbugger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-06-2014, 03:28 PM

I met my wife when we were both teenagers at a wedding.

At the party thereafter I couldn't keep my eyes off her but was too afraid to say anything so decided to let it be and go home, but just as I was leaving she approached me and asked why I was staring.

I think I came out with something like "oh I thought you were somebody I knew" but fortunately we talked for a bit and the rest is history, so they say.

Ironically, the wedding we attended ended in divorce less than a year later but we have now been married for almost 45 years!!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top