Join for free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »
Cassie
West Wales
Cassie is female  Cassie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-12-2009, 04:10 PM

Not posting much :(

In case anyones wondered I am about and logging in but im not posting much as ive had some terrible news about one of my birds. Tula was stolen on Sunday from my friends centre in Wakefield where she'd been staying for a few weeks while I concentrated of flying Reg. Im totally devastated as Tula is my everything and so much more than just a bird. Another bird was taken with her but 2 registerable species were left on the lawn. It would seen the thieves knew what was easy to pass on with no required paperwork. I cant believe shes been taken and Crow her little friend too
Will still log in but im sorry my va va voom has dwindled somewhat.
Bridie
northants
Bridie is female  Bridie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-12-2009, 04:13 PM

Re: Not posting much :(

Thats terrible, I'm so sorry
Funky Farmer
Bedfordshire, UK
Funky Farmer is male  Funky Farmer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-12-2009, 04:15 PM

Me too What a horrible thing to happen

Not a lot more I can say except I feel for you
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-12-2009, 04:17 PM

Oh Cassie - I'm so very sorry to hear about Tula. There are some horrible people around and I hope those who took Tula are found soon and punished.

I don't know very much about birds I'm afraid but I wondered if yours are microchipped, or even if they do that with birds

Thinking of you and keeping my fingers crossed that you will hear something soon.
dinahsmum
SW England
dinahsmum is female  dinahsmum has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-12-2009, 04:17 PM

That is so horrible.
There are some complete total b@stards around
Is there any possible chance she might be recovered or do you have to accept that she is gone for good?
I'm so sorry
Cassie
West Wales
Cassie is female  Cassie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-12-2009, 04:28 PM

No she isnt microchipped but wears a closed ring. However it may well be cut off her by now.
Recovery is very up in the air. Theres every chance but its not like a dog that would be more easily noticed. She could have been stuck in a backyard aviary with the intention of breeding her and who would ever know? It'll be down to luck.. hopefully someone will try to hunt her and then find out shes an imprint bird not a parent reared one and she only flies for me and could be quite dangerous if they try to take food from her. Crow is parent reared and a different sort of nature totally. Sometimes thieves just cant move on a stolen bird and get cold feet and release them. Im hoping thats what they do and Tula flies to where people are and is spotted.

I dont know if anyones ever wondered what to do or who to ring if they've ever seen a loose captive bred bird trailing jesses or wearing anklets but this is the website to go to to inform the right people.
http://www.independentbirdregister.c...site/Home.html
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-12-2009, 05:34 PM

How awful Cassie

Hope you find Tula soon, I can only imagine how terrible it is to have a pet stolen.

*hug*
moetmum
Hampshire
moetmum is female  moetmum has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-12-2009, 05:51 PM

I am so sorry that Tula has been taken, I can't imagine how you feel. I hope she turns up soon.
Brandykins
Fondly Remembered
near Glasgow Scotland
Brandykins is female  Brandykins has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-12-2009, 05:56 PM

Aw Cassie I am so sorry to hear that! Perhaps a letter into the local press asking people to watch out for anyone selling birds, a poster in pet shops as well, perhaps with photographs.

I would be devasted as well, and I sincerely hope that you get Tula back.

I wonder what kind of people are going around nowadays!

Thinking of you.
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-12-2009, 05:56 PM

What a horrible thing, I'm so sorry!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top