Join for free
Eliza
Chatterbox
England
Eliza is female  Eliza has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-06-2014, 12:31 PM

Bury St Edmunds

Im going to see the flower festival next month at the Cathedral,is there other interesting buildings to see ?
Anyone recommend anything.
Curmudgeon
Surrey UK
Curmudgeon is male  Curmudgeon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-06-2014, 09:13 PM

Re: Bury St Edmunds

Greene King Brewery
http://www.greeneking.co.uk/index.asp?pageid=10
Eliza
Chatterbox
England
Eliza is female  Eliza has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-06-2014, 09:35 PM

Thanks curmudgen that looks an interesting place , and i see i can buy a bottle to take out with me. iPA was a drink i had in my youth, i could take him indoors a bottle back too that will keep keep him happy.
I best go to the Cathedral first in case i get tiddly
Losos
Fondly Remembered
West Suffolk
Losos is male  Losos has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-06-2014, 10:03 PM

Eliza - Right next to the Greene King brewery is the Theatre Royal which is one of the oldest in Britain and has been recently restored to replicate how it looked in past centuries. They have a wide variety of productions but on a day trip you'll likely not have time.

The Cathedral and associated gardens are nice to walk around.

Some of the streets leading of the town centre are very old and include some thatched roof houses.

The town centre is busy on market days (Wed. & Sat.)

The town has expanded rapidly in the last 20 years, it was once just a centre for the farmers to trade their produce but that has mainly gone now.

Not a lot else to say about it
Eliza
Chatterbox
England

13-06-2014, 10:42 PM

Losos you have given me more than i could ask for , i like old buildings the most and you said there is some so i can look forward to that. Its a Thursday im going on , so looks like i shall miss the market,
I think between the Cathedral,Park,brewery museum and looking at the old theatre and buildings my day will be full .
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-06-2014, 11:51 PM

You could pop in to see my friend!

Last time I was there when I stayed o/n to see her I kept getting lost, and drove on the same roads and streets many times! Don't think I had satnav at the time. I now refuse to go anywhere near BSE in a car!
Eliza
Chatterbox
England

14-06-2014, 12:04 AM

Originally Posted by Jazzi ->
You could pop in to see my friend!

Last time I was there when I stayed o/n to see her I kept getting lost, and drove on the same roads and streets many times! Don't think I had satnav at the time. I now refuse to go anywhere near BSE in a car!
Lol your friend might be a little surprised to see me ,,,,And thankfully i don't drive but ive downloaded a street map so i can find my way about ..
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-06-2014, 11:19 PM

Probably!

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top