Join for free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »
AutumnColour
Chatterbox
Trent Hills, Ontario
AutumnColour is female  AutumnColour has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-06-2014, 12:33 AM

Real Feel

I don't know about the UK but when our weather states the temperature it is outside, they always have to add 'Real Feel' or 'Feels Like'. In other words for e.g. 25C Real Feel 30C

I know its all about humidity or whatever but if that's what it feels like outside, isn't that the temperature then?

Does anyone have a good explanatory explanation?
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-06-2014, 10:25 AM

Re: Real Feel

I image the temperature your skin registers in your brain depends on the air temperature, the humidity and the wind strength all combined and this could be different to the air temperature alone.
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK
MKJ is male  MKJ has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-06-2014, 07:56 PM

No idea - too drunk probably. Can you ask simpler questions plz.
AutumnColour
Chatterbox
Trent Hills, Ontario
AutumnColour is female  AutumnColour has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-06-2014, 08:20 PM

Originally Posted by MKJ ->
No idea - too drunk probably. Can you ask simpler questions plz.
I thought complicated questions went with the territory in this section
Enquiring minds want to know!
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK
MKJ is male  MKJ has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-06-2014, 08:30 PM

Not specific enough. Can't focus. I have a robotic intense brain (well I think I do at this time of night) that needs input. Stuff you are spouting is too vague.

If you have a question then ask it - don't p*** about with sundries.
AutumnColour
Chatterbox
Trent Hills, Ontario

13-06-2014, 08:40 PM

Go back to bed.
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-06-2014, 09:40 PM

In Canada when they give the weather they will add the wind chill factor. They give a temperature of say -5 and then add in the wind chill factor which can take the temperature down to say -10 or whatever they calculate it to be. Is that something similar to what you mean AC.
AutumnColour
Chatterbox
Trent Hills, Ontario

13-06-2014, 09:44 PM

Yes. Summer it's humidity level & winter, its wind chill factor
MickB
London UK
MickB is male  MickB has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-06-2014, 01:05 PM

It's simple really - temperature is a scientific measurement, but how cold or warm you actually feel depends upon other external factors like humidity, wind, weather, but also internal factors like your activity level, your energy level, what clothing you are wearing etc.
When forecasters refer to temperatures being (for example) 25 degrees but feeling like 30 degrees, it is those external factors which they are adding in to the equation. So, on a day where the actual temperature is measured at 21 Degrees, you will feel hotter if it is humid and wind free than you would if it was dry and windy.
AutumnColour
Chatterbox
Trent Hills, Ontario

16-06-2014, 01:08 PM

Yes thanks, I knew that but was just wishing they would state the temp as the way it felt out, that is what everyone goes by. Thanks again!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top