Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
AutumnColour
Chatterbox
Trent Hills, Ontario
AutumnColour is female  AutumnColour has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-06-2014, 02:38 PM

Are You Better With Faces Or Names?

YI seem to be better with names if I had to pick one but I'm fairly lousy at both!

When I had to take one of our bunnies to the vet for a tooth trim (one time only thank goodness), the vet was one I'd just met & even though I looked at her a few times, if I saw her walking down the street, I'd walk right by not recognizing her. Isn't that awful?
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-06-2014, 03:09 PM

Re: Are You Better With Faces Or Names?

Faces I can never put a name to them at all and if I think I have it's usually the wrong name. Even my husband answers to Benny or Duncan (our previous male dogs) and the kids just answer to whatever name I come out with, could be any combination of their names at any time.

I've been known to call the manager where I work carpark - his name is actually cartik and Mel is used to being called Mo and vice versa.
shirley
Gloucestershire
shirley is female  shirley has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-06-2014, 03:18 PM

Julie you are so funny

I remember faces for ever. We bumped (not literally) into someone the other day and I had to ask her where we knew her from and we finally figured it out.

Names - forget it - I was stuck the other day as someone asked me what my name was
kierra
Nashville, TN
kierra is female 

11-06-2014, 03:32 PM

Faces, I can never remember any names until I've chatted with that person several times..
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-06-2014, 03:39 PM

Used to be very good with names, lately, not so good - which is such a shame to lose that
Faces - I'm fine, not much use without a name tho'
Honey
Chatterbox
Lancashire
Honey is female  Honey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-06-2014, 03:45 PM

I have a memory like a sieve so I'm better on faces than names, all my life my family have called me Number One because I was the eldest of five children and when mum was attempting to tell one of us off she'd go through all the names until she got to the right one.

My brother is jealous because he's just a number Two!
AutumnColour
Chatterbox
Trent Hills, Ontario
AutumnColour is female  AutumnColour has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-06-2014, 04:43 PM

How does #5 feel? I'm the 5th & last in my family.
Starry Eyes
Yorkshire UK
Starry Eyes is female  Starry Eyes has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-06-2014, 04:46 PM

Faces every time AC.
I'm totally useless at names!
Honey
Chatterbox
Lancashire
Honey is female  Honey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-06-2014, 04:46 PM

he's a pain in the proverbial!
AutumnColour
Chatterbox
Trent Hills, Ontario

11-06-2014, 04:52 PM

I remember an old Seinfeld show where Jerry met up with some people from his past & they knew him & began yakking away about this or that. Seinfeld just completely went along with them saying "oh yeah, ha ha ha, wasn't that great?" He'd also would be doing a lot of nodding, smiling, quite a few yesses, okays, etc. I've done exactly that as well with a couple of people until finally with one i had to admit I couldn't remember her at all!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top