Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
AutumnColour
Chatterbox
Trent Hills, Ontario
AutumnColour is female  AutumnColour has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-06-2014, 01:55 AM

The Radio In Your Head

That's what my husband & I call it. Do you find yourself singing a song that's not on the radio or your CDs, etc? It doesn't hit you until later & you wonder why is this song in my head?

You remember or are still thinking about a tragedy that happened or a news item, family member, friend, whatever. The words of the song fit the situation perfectly.

Well this afternoon our wonderful Red Eared Slider turtle, Jody somehow scaled a 3' high chicken wire pen outside & he's gone!
My husband & I looked everywhere we could but there's so much long grass here & there, plus he blends in. I'm crushed as I don't know what's happened to him now I'll be wanting to look everytime I go outside & for some silly reason, hoping I'll suddenly see him slowly ambling by the front window

Sorry for my long tale, just that I had been singing 2 different songs this aft, one of them being a 1970's hit "When Will I See You Again?" & realized why.

We've done this for years without realizing situations put songs in our head, maybe you have too but never realized.

I doubt we'll ever find Jody.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-06-2014, 04:14 AM

Re: The Radio In Your Head

There is no radio in my head I wear a foil beanie

BDBoop
Twin Cities
BDBoop is female 

09-06-2014, 04:37 AM

Yes. My sister died May 29th, and now my brain won't stop playing this song.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YNoLJy68ZcE
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-06-2014, 06:50 AM

Originally Posted by BDBoop ->
Yes. My sister died May 29th,
Sorry to hear that, BDBoop.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-06-2014, 06:52 AM

Originally Posted by AutumnColour ->
That's what my husband & I call it. Do you find yourself singing a song that's not on the radio or your CDs, etc? It doesn't hit you until later & you wonder why is this song in my head?

You remember or are still thinking about a tragedy that happened or a news item, family member, friend, whatever. The words of the song fit the situation perfectly.

Well this afternoon our wonderful Red Eared Slider turtle, Jody somehow scaled a 3' high chicken wire pen outside & he's gone!
My husband & I looked everywhere we could but there's so much long grass here & there, plus he blends in. I'm crushed as I don't know what's happened to him now I'll be wanting to look everytime I go outside & for some silly reason, hoping I'll suddenly see him slowly ambling by the front window

Sorry for my long tale, just that I had been singing 2 different songs this aft, one of them being a 1970's hit "When Will I See You Again?" & realized why.

We've done this for years without realizing situations put songs in our head, maybe you have too but never realized.

I doubt we'll ever find Jody.

Will Jody be able to survive on his own? I never knew that turtles could climb!
BDBoop
Twin Cities
BDBoop is female 

09-06-2014, 07:15 AM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
Sorry to hear that, BDBoop.
Thank you. She was only 44.
lovemyboys
Chatterbox
Canada
lovemyboys is female  lovemyboys has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-06-2014, 08:12 AM

Sorry to hear about your sister BDBoop. So young still.

We found out red-eared turtles can climb real good. Oursw are forever trying to get out of their tank. My husband had to get very creative making a lid for the top to prevent the little Houdinis from escaping.
AC - is there any kind of water source around your place? It's possible Jody would head to that.
Don't give up. Keep looking. He'll probably be most active during the day, and sleep at night. Look for moving grass.
If you have neighbours near, ask them to keep their eyes open also.
Keep a bowl of water and some tasty food out. You never know where Jody will turn up.
Good luck.
Griffon
Middle England
Griffon is male 

09-06-2014, 08:26 AM

I do find I start singing a song depending on what someone has just said. Drives Lady Griffon mad. She'll say "nice moon tonight" and I'll start crooning Fly me to the moon, let me play among the stars ....
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-06-2014, 09:59 AM

Originally Posted by Griffon ->
I do find I start singing a song depending on what someone has just said. Drives Lady Griffon mad. She'll say "nice moon tonight" and I'll start crooning Fly me to the moon, let me play among the stars ....
same here
shirley
Gloucestershire
shirley is female  shirley has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-06-2014, 10:03 AM

Its funny I often wake up singing a song, don't know why and it gets very annoying when I wake up three days on the run singing the same one.

I have never thought it might has some meaning, will pay more attention next time.

Sorry to hear about your turtle AutumColour hope you find him soon.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top