Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-06-2014, 06:25 AM

Future Past

A 1930s vision of 2000s clothes !

http://mentalfloss.com/article/52284...000-would-look

A lot of it has come true - you can buy dresses made of glass and some that can be adjusted for day or evening and, unfortunately, more and more women are wearing trousers. As the 'Middle East' determines to be the 'All Over East' the male outfit may even become appropriate !
orangutan
Chatterbox
Another world
orangutan is female  orangutan has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-06-2014, 08:02 AM

Re: Future Past

Why is it unfortunate that more women are wearing trousers?
lovemyboys
Chatterbox
Canada
lovemyboys is female  lovemyboys has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-06-2014, 08:05 AM

Oh c'mon, we all want the electric headlight to find that honest man!
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-06-2014, 08:11 AM

Originally Posted by orangutan ->
My wife wears the trousers- both literally and figuratively.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-06-2014, 09:26 AM

Originally Posted by orangutan ->
I just find it sad that I can walk around town all day and never see a woman in a pretty dress. Trousers are practical - no doubt about it - I wear them myself around the house and for gardening but - and this just my opinion - women are losing their femininity. They walk like men, they dress like men, they even have manly haircuts. In fact, from a distance, it is often difficult to tell male from female.

Plus - there are just some bottoms that should never be seen in trousers/jeans!
Eliza
Chatterbox
England
Eliza is female  Eliza has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-06-2014, 01:42 PM

Have to agree with you silver Tabby in some parts ,it is rare to see a lady in a dress .
i love wearing a skirt ,ive no longer got the figure for a dress but i do wear trousers when its windy out .or winter time .
My hair is short now because its so fine ,but i dont walk like a man,at least i hope not ..
Im finding it harder as i get older to find a shop that fits my age group , or shape .
lilac
West yorks uk
lilac is female  lilac has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-06-2014, 01:48 PM

I always wear trousers..much more practical..I have worn them for so long that if I have to wear a dress or skirt for a social function, I feel like I've no draws on!!
daisymay
South Wales Valleys
daisymay is female  daisymay has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-06-2014, 03:01 PM

Talk about minds thinking alike, only the other day, whilst sitting in an Asda caff and people watching whilst waiting for my son, it struck me that every female, with the exception of teeny girls in frilly frocks, was wearing pants of some sort, jeans, joggers, slacks, whatever, even I was in jeans. My old mum would have been appalled.
lilac
West yorks uk
lilac is female  lilac has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-06-2014, 03:18 PM

I know..my mother would have been too.

But since I preferred wearing trousers..we came to an agreement..I could wear them when I wanted..but not Sunday..

So when Sunday came I was ejected from the house wearing one of my mom's home made horrors..
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-06-2014, 07:47 PM

Madonna & Lady Gaga spring to mind, as for the guy, he'd get by as a Steampunk easily

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top